Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 08:28 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,394,916 times

Advertisements

Get your life together. Quit trying to subsist on a poverty level income as if that is some station in life you are bound to (I've read your posts in other threads). Get out of that hell hole and have enough self respect to live without such dysfunctional people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2011, 10:57 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneSA View Post
Stop buying stuff on Ebay and start saving. Stash as much as you can. Get a second job. you would be surprised how much you can make delivering pizzas. i would be eating cheap minimum food and scriping every dime to save to get the cash to move. Open a savings account and add what you can to it. Then move.

Yeah, I don't normally buy stuff on ebay but I think this one is worth seven bucks. I am working on a book aimed at a niche hobby/collector market (and the dealers who serve this hobby base) and the book I'm looking for is an earlier version of the sort of book I'm writing.

I know for a fact that I have a lot more material than does the earlier book, which is now almost 20 years old and could sorely use an update. (I thank my lucky stars that nobody has had anything new to publish in almost 20 years.)

No, the book isn't going to make me rich, but I think it can realistically sell 20,000 copies in North America - perhaps half of that through ebay, Amazon, and a few major trade shows. And once the book is in print, I've got a great website concept to go along with it.

Old 08-01-2011, 07:58 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,134,528 times
Default You can start over!

I agree with the others...Get a second job. All you need is the rent and security deposit. Get a futon and some basic items to start. You can add other furniture and comforts from there.You can possibly find something furnished even.Your security and happiness and safety are the most important things you need. will When you wake up that first day in a better environment-That will be the new chapter. Regardless of how much you make, you work hard for it and no one has the right to steal things from your room. Let the lowlifes live in thier dysfunctional place. Folks like this rarely change.

let us know how things work out for you. All the best OP!

Old 08-01-2011, 11:51 AM

171 posts, read 445,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Annie View Post
I think I would live in my car before remaining there. It's still warm, rent/buy a tent and camp in a campgrounds with shower facilities until you can save up enough to move.
Been there, done that, and I absolutely agree!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting