Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 03:46 PM

9,865 posts, read 14,056,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post

The last i checked being on the doe is being on the doe, no matter what class.
The phrase is "on the dole", not "on the doe".

Quote:
Uhmmm 60% of working American families are below the federal poverty level.
Can you please provide backup to this statement? Most research supports a 15% below poverty level number.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...elds/2046.html

Where in the world are you getting 60%?

Old 08-18-2013, 03:50 PM

9,865 posts, read 14,056,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Well, my my. Are you SURE you are not my slumlord? There's a huge, empty yard in front of my place. I bought petunias with my OWN money. I offered to pay extra on the water way before this all got so crazy. Mr. Slumlord (are you SURE you're not him?) never got back to me for a full year until just a couple of weeks ago when he started sending me letters that sounded like he was strung out on crack and made no sense.

I bought xeriscape plants to plant on slumlord's property with my OWN money again. I went up into the mountains with MY own car, using MY own gas and dug up native plants that would do well with little water with MY OWN HARD EFFORT. Every single neighbor I have around here has complimented me on how nice I made slumlord's place with MY time, MY money, and MY effort.

You made my point for me exactly - you DO assume section 8 people are parasites, and I'll thank you to keep your assumptions and your insults to yourself in my regard. Thank you.
Just curious, if you have this extra money for petunias, water for the garden, and gas to drive to the mountains for other plants, why are you accepting government funds to augment your rent? Why wouldn't you take that extra money and pay more of your rent?

Old 08-18-2013, 04:27 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,372,631 times
Quote:
Uhmmm 60% of working American families are below the federal poverty level. Ohh im sorry i forgot, in order to be on welfare or poor the cause is because we are moralely not good people? Or the only reason your well off is because you are a better person? Sorry went crazy there for a min. Oh by the way i own one of the most successful business in the area that i do business in, in the country so no excuse making here.

The latest numbers reflective of the total number of food stamp participants dated August 9th of this year
via the USDA is 47,635,297 people.

Source is here; SNAP Current Participation - Persons USDA website.

This is hardly reflective of the drug induced haze that brought you the number of 60 % of families being recipients of SNAP.

I'm not a better person because I have money or an education, no, I'm a better person because I was taught early on that there was no worse offense to myself or my country than being on public assistance.

And because of your lack of command of the English language and your improper diction I find your tale of being a business owner, let alone a successful one to be too tall to believe.

Tell you what though, I'll put you to work cleaning the bathrooms in my rentals as a sub contractor that way you get to save face from being called a liar about owning a business and I'll feel better that I didn't just kick you to the curb without offering you some workfare.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:09 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,727,548 times
@julian17033

First, i didn't say that 60% of working class families where on foodstamps. What i said was 60% of working class families are on or below the federal poverty level.

2nd, What makes you believe that im not a business owner or further that what my business produces isn't ranked one of the best products in the country? Is it because only people who have college degrees or your mindset sir can only work hard? I thought the only requirements for success was hardwork? That seems to be the rally cry for people with your mindset when dealing with the poor etc. Get a job and work hard because that the solution to poverty? So now your saying you have to be educated?

Further, i didn't attack you personally, what i attacked was your ideals and your attitudes! Also it is very difficult to type on a very small smart phone window lol when you have bigfoot fingers, imagine chicken pecking and walking at the sametime lol and 2hrs sleep in the last 36hrs when i typed the above post.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:23 PM

cont from above @julian17033

I don't know what type of man you are ok, but i would suggest you keep it in your pants, you don't want try to compare whose is bigger because my brother you would lose. Oh as for the job naaa, but with your job skills i could use you to greet and open the front door of my business.

Census data: Half of U.S. poor or low income - CBS News

Household Income Short of $68K? Welcome To the New Poverty

Hardships in America | Economic Policy Institute

U.S. Poverty: By the Numbers | Smart Charts, The Poverty Line, What Matters Today | BillMoyers.com

Heres some info, news stories, studies that i could digup in a few minutes.

To be fair and show some Aloha brah, i don't disagree with everything its mostly the attitude. Mahalo aloha!

Old 08-18-2013, 10:32 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,382,398 times
Quote:
cont from above @julian17033

I don't know what type of man you are ok, but i would suggest you keep it in your pants, you don't want try to compare whose is bigger because my brother you would lose. Oh as for the job naaa, but with your job skills i could use you to greet and open the front door of my business.

Census data: Half of U.S. poor or low income - CBS News

Household Income Short of $68K? Welcome To the New Poverty

Hardships in America | Economic Policy Institute

U.S. Poverty: By the Numbers | Smart Charts, The Poverty Line, What Matters Today | BillMoyers.com

Heres some info, news stories, studies that i could digup in a few minutes.

To be fair and show some Aloha brah, i don't disagree with everything its mostly the attitude. Mahalo aloha!
Well done! It was getting a tad harsh in here.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:44 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,422,822 times
Quote:
And for sake, get a grip. the world isn't going to end because welfare mom doesn't know how too keep her legs closed.
All your talk, and then you have to go and say something like that. Because OF COURSE it is the fault of the women, NOT the men who can't keep it in their pants (same phrasing that you used) or take care of their responsibilities.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie3 View Post
All your talk, and then you have to go and say something like that. Because OF COURSE it is the fault of the women, NOT the men who can't keep it in their pants (same phrasing that you used) or take care of their responsibilities.
Whoa, read the posts above this one. He/she was responding to someone else's post about welfare moms popping out babies, and being sarcastic.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Well done! It was getting a tad harsh in here.
Forgive me i just hate people who blame the less fortunate for all the problems of the world, especially when the onces he is blaming usually doesnt have a voice in media or politics.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Forgive me i just hate people who blame the less fortunate for all the problems of the world, especially when the onces he is blaming usually doesnt have a voice in media or politics.
I didn't mean you. I agree with you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.