Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2019, 08:05 AM

268 posts, read 271,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Absolutely serious! Some days, I swear it!, my neighbors use a machine that runs off a dilithium matrix inhibitor. What it does is scans infrared, hi-frequency bands, or body heat, to see where I’m at inside my home. They then use a piece of equipment to detect electromagnetic radiation waves (it’s how they know when I’m using an electronic device to capture the noise they make). That’s why I wear my helmet made of marble. Some wear helmets made of tin foil. Pffff! Amateurs! Everyone knows you use marble to prevent brain waves from escaping! I even made one for my dog too! Wait...has anyone seen my dog...?
Thankfully I wasn't drinking coffee or it would of shot out my nose.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2019, 09:03 AM

2,451 posts, read 3,213,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredC View Post
Absolutely serious! Some days, I swear it!, my neighbors use a machine that runs off a dilithium matrix inhibitor. What it does is scans infrared, hi-frequency bands, or body heat, to see where I’m at inside my home. They then use a piece of equipment to detect electromagnetic radiation waves (it’s how they know when I’m using an electronic device to capture the noise they make). That’s why I wear my helmet made of marble. Some wear helmets made of tin foil. Pffff! Amateurs! Everyone knows you use marble to prevent brain waves from escaping! I even made one for my dog too! Wait...has anyone seen my dog...?
He's probably in the van getting probed and chipped.

Old 01-25-2019, 04:54 AM

3 posts, read 4,604 times
My roomie and I had to move because our building was sold. We had only 30 days or pay an outrageous price for rent so we moved into a garden apt. Immediately I noticed how low the dropped ceilings were and really didn't think much about it. The 3rd night I happened to wake up about 3:30am and I turned my head to the left and on my wall was a shimmering white light i put my hand in front of the light and it did not break at all meaning whatever it was it was behind me. This really freaked me out so I immediately got a phone app that detects cameras and microphones. I ran the app and it went off everywhere in my room. I then thought I'd better get an RF detector from Amazon to make sure. I paid only 40 or 50$ for the device and immediately used it when it was delivered. The entire apartment lit up like Christmas even in the laundry room. I wasn't sure what to do next but that same day I was sitting on my bed and my bed started shaking from above me since then I've discovered that he is masterbating and wants me to know it. We have been here for 7 months now and every single day and night this same awkward ritual occurs. I can't tell you how maddening it all is. I thought maybe I was loosing my mind or something but my roomie and several friends have witnessed it. I'm not sure what to do or where to go with all this but I do know that I have had it with this creepy intruder of my privacy. My point to all this is you are not alone if you've experienced something similar or worse. Get an RF detector and make sure you have evidence of what's happening.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:34 PM

478 posts, read 417,692 times
Does anyone else get excited when they see a new response to this thread? It’s the best entertainment

Old 02-20-2019, 09:12 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,009,133 times
I typed a response but erased it. I'll be sympathetic to some folks. They really believe...
But yes, I have to agree^

Old 02-20-2019, 06:15 PM

5,195 posts, read 1,869,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterjlew View Post
My roomie and I had to move because our building was sold. We had only 30 days or pay an outrageous price for rent so we moved into a garden apt. Immediately I noticed how low the dropped ceilings were and really didn't think much about it. The 3rd night I happened to wake up about 3:30am and I turned my head to the left and on my wall was a shimmering white light i put my hand in front of the light and it did not break at all meaning whatever it was it was behind me. This really freaked me out so I immediately got a phone app that detects cameras and microphones. I ran the app and it went off everywhere in my room. I then thought I'd better get an RF detector from Amazon to make sure. I paid only 40 or 50$ for the device and immediately used it when it was delivered. The entire apartment lit up like Christmas even in the laundry room. I wasn't sure what to do next but that same day I was sitting on my bed and my bed started shaking from above me since then I've discovered that he is masterbating and wants me to know it. We have been here for 7 months now and every single day and night this same awkward ritual occurs. I can't tell you how maddening it all is. I thought maybe I was loosing my mind or something but my roomie and several friends have witnessed it. I'm not sure what to do or where to go with all this but I do know that I have had it with this creepy intruder of my privacy. My point to all this is you are not alone if you've experienced something similar or worse. Get an RF detector and make sure you have evidence of what's happening.
What in the earth?

Old 02-22-2019, 04:01 PM

2,066 posts, read 900,325 times
I always hear the whistled theme from The X-Files when I visit this thread.

Old 03-12-2019, 06:33 PM

15 posts, read 19,439 times
So my answer is that they have a cat. My cat has some type of sonar device and when we lived in a house she could pinpoint my exact location and knock something off a shelf etc. Or she would just catapult herself as heavily as possible, while transforming into an elephant for a split second, onto the floor above me causing a panic inducing crashing sound. Now that we're in an apartment she just enjoys stalking us from the tallest cabinets and smashing into the ground behind me when I'm least expecting it. Maybe I should just become a crazy cat lady

Old 03-18-2019, 08:27 PM

2 posts, read 4,550 times
Exclamation Omg no you're not

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahonmind View Post
so.....it's a possibility?!?!?

yes, i am very aware of our cookie cutter layouts. The thing is, she went from not being aware of where i was to being hyper aware, down to the exact location -- from which she would promptly drop something or stomp directly overhead.

I know it sounds crazy.

Waiting for fellow paranoid apartment dwellers to check in...
im going through the exact same thing!! Everywhere i move in my apartment they move. Its like my neighbors upstairs above me are using heat infared cameras and my xfinity camera i belive has been compromised too! Please write back email: [email]jimmybro711@outlook.com[/email]

Old 03-19-2019, 06:18 PM

666 posts, read 642,426 times
Hello Jimmy, thank you for joining us. As you can see from reading the thread you are not alone...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting