U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 06-09-2012, 03:40 AM
 
1 posts, read 4,145 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Everyone I know what your all going through I'm in a pickle right now with this crazy stupid aweful woman our townhouse is lined up right beside hers just a little bit ago she woke me up and its was 3:54A.M. I believe anyway she (the weirdo) ran up and down the stairs for cigarette which I can smell the landord knows we dont smoke but he moved us here anyway sad to say these walls are super thin and she followed me to the freakin bathroom she's a retarded low life which this all started just a couple of months ago when me and my mother moved in it hasn't been even 5 months in she does more than that let just say I can write a book about her that's how horrible she is and she tries to get a complaint from us she'll do anything for that its like she has seriously nothing better to do and she loves to hear it she only works 3 times a weak and the rest of the time all she does is try to make our life's miserable ! And we stick to ourself and we dont bother anyone I dont get why she does it and the other neighbors she's for her and she has her ghetto sun come over and stay and he thumps the walls so they can get stuff started with us the grown man has no job and he lives with his mommy like a litttle boy does but because the wacko woman ran her big fat mouth about stuff she started and blamed us for doing what we did ,well she deserves it I said to my mother the lady in the front(wacko) is just insane and the other is just bipolar ! 10 more months of this pathetic drama that we have to put up with and this freakin rent is just crazy for how much we have to put up with!!! We have complained to the landord fifty thousand times and its like talking to a dead horse so now we are just going to have to contact the police because she's a big nutjob! I cannot wait until the lease is up so we can move out and not move into an apartment /townhouse again I'm so done with it!!!! P.S. dont move into Brooksedge II never its a waste!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-09-2012, 06:28 AM
 
4,819 posts, read 6,372,371 times
Reputation: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrybird17 View Post
Everyone I know what your all going through I'm in a pickle right now with this crazy stupid aweful woman our townhouse is lined up right beside hers just a little bit ago she woke me up and its was 3:54A.M. I believe anyway she (the weirdo) ran up and down the stairs for cigarette which I can smell the landord knows we dont smoke but he moved us here anyway sad to say these walls are super thin and she followed me to the freakin bathroom she's a retarded low life which this all started just a couple of months ago when me and my mother moved in it hasn't been even 5 months in she does more than that let just say I can write a book about her that's how horrible she is and she tries to get a complaint from us she'll do anything for that its like she has seriously nothing better to do and she loves to hear it she only works 3 times a weak and the rest of the time all she does is try to make our life's miserable ! And we stick to ourself and we dont bother anyone I dont get why she does it and the other neighbors she's for her and she has her ghetto sun come over and stay and he thumps the walls so they can get stuff started with us the grown man has no job and he lives with his mommy like a litttle boy does but because the wacko woman ran her big fat mouth about stuff she started and blamed us for doing what we did ,well she deserves it I said to my mother the lady in the front(wacko) is just insane and the other is just bipolar ! 10 more months of this pathetic drama that we have to put up with and this freakin rent is just crazy for how much we have to put up with!!! We have complained to the landord fifty thousand times and its like talking to a dead horse so now we are just going to have to contact the police because she's a big nutjob! I cannot wait until the lease is up so we can move out and not move into an apartment /townhouse again I'm so done with it!!!! P.S. dont move into Brooksedge II never its a waste!!

Why don't you move?

Go ahead and call the police..she isn't doing anythign that's against the law and if you call them for the silly things you posted here, you might end up getting ticketed for wasting their time. My suggestion is to break your lease and move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-09-2012, 03:44 PM
 
Location: California
4,404 posts, read 5,505,666 times
Reputation: 3001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Why don't you move?

Go ahead and call the police..she isn't doing anythign that's against the law and if you call them for the silly things you posted here, you might end up getting ticketed for wasting their time. My suggestion is to break your lease and move.
Absolutely. Although I give Kim credit for even managing to read that post. I stopped in the middle and just went with the idea that the poster is the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2012, 12:13 AM
 
10 posts, read 23,059 times
Reputation: 28
Any course of conduct directed at a specific person that involves repeated (two or more occasions) visual or physical proximity that would cause most reasonable people distress constitutes criminal behavior. This means the apartment neighbor who physically maintains proximity by following you as you move from room to room on a repetitive basis is breaking the law. This is really no different than traditional "stalking," wherein one individual monitors and follows another going about their daily business. The cases being described here differ only in-as-much as the victims are being stalked within the confines of their own homes.

Generally, tenants who perpetrate harassment against neighbors are in violation of their lease. Victims should keep detailed logs of activity to submit to property managers and/or law enforcement. It's the property manager's responsibility to uphold the terms of lease, so have them inform your nuisance neighbor accordingly. You will not get "ticketed" if you contact law enforcement. Rather, you will be providing evidence to support a protection (anti-harassment) order should you choose to go that route.

Last edited by NorthofHades; 08-01-2012 at 01:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2012, 08:27 AM
 
439 posts, read 574,464 times
Reputation: 397
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHades View Post
Any course of conduct directed at a specific person that involves repeated (two or more occasions) visual or physical proximity that would cause most reasonable people distress constitutes criminal behavior. This means the apartment neighbor who physically maintains proximity by following you as you move from room to room on a repetitive basis is breaking the law. This is really no different than traditional "stalking," wherein one individual monitors and follows another going about their daily business. The cases being described here differ only in-as-much as the victims are being stalked within the confines of their own homes.

Generally, tenants who perpetrate harassment against neighbors are in violation of their lease. Victims should keep detailed logs of activity to submit to property managers and/or law enforcement. It's the property manager's responsibility to uphold the terms of lease, so have them inform your nuisance neighbor accordingly. You will not get "ticketed" if you contact law enforcement. Rather, you will be providing evidence to support a protection (anti-harassment) order should you choose to go that route.
or the op may just be a nut and the neighbor is not doing any thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-01-2012, 11:55 AM
 
4,819 posts, read 6,372,371 times
Reputation: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthofHades View Post
Any course of conduct directed at a specific person that involves repeated (two or more occasions) visual or physical proximity that would cause most reasonable people distress constitutes criminal behavior. This means the apartment neighbor who physically maintains proximity by following you as you move from room to room on a repetitive basis is breaking the law. This is really no different than traditional "stalking," wherein one individual monitors and follows another going about their daily business. The cases being described here differ only in-as-much as the victims are being stalked within the confines of their own homes.

Generally, tenants who perpetrate harassment against neighbors are in violation of their lease. Victims should keep detailed logs of activity to submit to property managers and/or law enforcement. It's the property manager's responsibility to uphold the terms of lease, so have them inform your nuisance neighbor accordingly. You will not get "ticketed" if you contact law enforcement. Rather, you will be providing evidence to support a protection (anti-harassment) order should you choose to go that route.

You'd have a hard time proving that your neighbor is 'stalking' you in your apartment, while they are still in their's.

If they were standing at their doorway and watched you come and go, yeah, maybe you'd have a complaint. If they followed you up and down the stairs, yeah, that could be a complaint. If they followed you by car, again, another possible complaint. But, you couldn't prove those things without proper documentation such as pictures and videos. It situations like those, documentation is very easy to collect.

But to accuse someone of stalking you while they aren't even in your line of vision? You can't offer support documentation, other than your own opinion, of where you think they are in their apartment in relation to where you are in yours.

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 08-07-2012 at 11:17 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2012, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Mobile, Alabama
8 posts, read 24,246 times
Reputation: 18
Apartments are good at making people "feel" things that arnt there, especially when they are "cheaper" places. It comes with a sense of security. You can hear whats going on in the apartments above, next to you, and below you. And remember that if you can hear them, they can hear you. I dont believe that the person is stalking you, or watching you for that matter. Yes, it may seem like coincidence that they are in some of the same rooms as you, but at the same time, you never said if they were in the bedroom the same time as you and it would be the "normal" time for a person to go to bed, or it would be a "normal" eating time and they are hungry and in the kitchen the same time you are. As long as they are not stalking you away from your apartment, there should be no need to panic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2012, 12:03 AM
 
3,511 posts, read 1,749,471 times
Reputation: 3797
we once lived in a place where the person below us was accusing us of playing boggle (of all things) in the bathroom (of all places) every night waking her repeatedly. we all worked reg day jobs so naturally we where dead asleep (until she woke us up) it turned out it was the water heater going belly up in HER APARTMENT causing her pain which the LL informed us after giving her the boot for harassing other tenants below her for "following her around with and turning their vacuum when she cleaned her apt"

for the record we didn't even own boggle...and never have

Last edited by rego00123; 08-04-2012 at 12:08 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2012, 04:23 AM
 
4,819 posts, read 6,372,371 times
Reputation: 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
we once lived in a place where the person below us was accusing us of playing boggle (of all things) in the bathroom (of all places) every night waking her repeatedly. we all worked reg day jobs so naturally we where dead asleep (until she woke us up) it turned out it was the water heater going belly up in HER APARTMENT causing her pain which the LL informed us after giving her the boot for harassing other tenants below her for "following her around with and turning their vacuum when she cleaned her apt"

for the record we didn't even own boggle...and never have
Now that takes the cake as the funniest post ever on this forum! Boggle..in the bathroom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-06-2012, 05:01 AM
 
2 posts, read 6,658 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.townsend View Post
Apartments are good at making people "feel" things that arnt there, especially when they are "cheaper" places. It comes with a sense of security. You can hear whats going on in the apartments above, next to you, and below you. And remember that if you can hear them, they can hear you. I dont believe that the person is stalking you, or watching you for that matter. Yes, it may seem like coincidence that they are in some of the same rooms as you, but at the same time, you never said if they were in the bedroom the same time as you and it would be the "normal" time for a person to go to bed, or it would be a "normal" eating time and they are hungry and in the kitchen the same time you are. As long as they are not stalking you away from your apartment, there should be no need to panic.
I hope your not referring to my post. If you are it isn't "normal" for that someone to follow me around my apartment sporadically throughout the day (intentional on my part, to test if they really were following me). I could begin cooking at say 2:45 PM, a minute later I can clearly hear their footsteps followed by utensils clanging against their dishware. First occurrence fine! Let's fast forward two hours I get up for a snack. I open the door of my refrigerator and what do I hear? You guessed it their footsteps again! It's not the footsteps i'm worried about, but the timing of their movements. Just like that car who parks next to you when there is 10-15 stalls open around you. Might I add it is completely silent and no audible footsteps can be heard between these occurrences. Now imagine that happening every time you get up to do anything, that can be "heard" by your upstairs neighbor and now tell me if that's NORMAL! It would drive any sane person, into well let's just say not a so sane position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top