Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2012, 05:02 AM

584 posts, read 1,934,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Porkchop View Post
I hope your not referring to my post. If you are it isn't "normal" for that someone to follow me around my apartment sporadically throughout the day (intentional on my part, to test if they really were following me). I could begin cooking at say 2:45 PM, a minute later I can clearly hear their footsteps followed by utensils clanging against their dishware. First occurrence fine! Let's fast forward two hours I get up for a snack. I open the door of my refrigerator and what do I hear? You guessed it their footsteps again! It's not the footsteps i'm worried about, but the timing of their movements. Just like that car who parks next to you when there is 10-15 stalls open around you. Might I add it is completely silent and no audible footsteps can be heard between these occurrences. Now imagine that happening every time you get up to do anything, that can be "heard" by your upstairs neighbor and now tell me if that's NORMAL! It would drive any sane person, into well let's just say not a so sane position.
you have no real proof of those actions i am very sorry but your the one comin of as strange and paranoid. i am not trying to be mean or cruel. maybe the help you should seek is that of a doctor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2012, 08:41 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.townsend View Post
Apartments are good at making people "feel" things that arnt there, especially when they are "cheaper" places. It comes with a sense of security. You can hear whats going on in the apartments above, next to you, and below you. And remember that if you can hear them, they can hear you. I dont believe that the person is stalking you, or watching you for that matter. Yes, it may seem like coincidence that they are in some of the same rooms as you, but at the same time, you never said if they were in the bedroom the same time as you and it would be the "normal" time for a person to go to bed, or it would be a "normal" eating time and they are hungry and in the kitchen the same time you are. As long as they are not stalking you away from your apartment, there should be no need to panic.
Maybe buy a couple of fans, run them to provide background noise...it will also drown out any noise you make, so the neighbor won't be able to follow you. Try that and let us know if it helps.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,202,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilporkchops View Post
I hope your not referring to my post. If you are it isn't "normal" for that someone to follow me around my apartment sporadically throughout the day (intentional on my part, to test if they really were following me). I could begin cooking at say 2:45 PM, a minute later I can clearly hear their footsteps followed by utensils clanging against their dishware. First occurrence fine! Let's fast forward two hours I get up for a snack. I open the door of my refrigerator and what do I hear? You guessed it their footsteps again! It's not the footsteps i'm worried about, but the timing of their movements. Just like that car who parks next to you when there is 10-15 stalls open around you. Might I add it is completely silent and no audible footsteps can be heard between these occurrences. Now imagine that happening every time you get up to do anything, that can be "heard" by your upstairs neighbor and now tell me if that's NORMAL! It would drive any sane person, into well let's just say not a so sane position.
Get some background noise, a fan....problem solved

Old 08-07-2012, 11:12 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
during the week when you feel someone is following you around, spontaneously run to somewhere in your apartment. if they follow you, you have your answer.

personally i would just ignore it and move on, it isnt really going to affect my life in any adverse way to know someone is being a looney tune below me

Old 08-08-2012, 11:05 PM

936 posts, read 2,201,660 times
Buy yourself a cordless drill with a long bit and drill up through your ceiling when your neighbor is standing above you. Your neighbor might try to do the same thing from up above but would need a much longer drill bit

I'd buy one of those white noise machines that drowns out sounds so that your neighbor couldn't hear you clearly.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:07 AM

900 posts, read 2,371,654 times
OMG! I could have written this post.

I too live around ghetto people, but in my case two apartments straddle mine above. Ghetto neighbor #1 likes to follow me also. I too walk softly but you can still hear the floorboards when you make contact, they squeak not to mention the walls are thin and in some cases you can just about make out one's conversations if they talk loud enough or in this case English.

I walk to my kitchen and soon after I hear them above me walking in the same direction, they know more than likely I'm headed to the sink. If I run water they stand right overhead then stomp in place. They've done this plenty of times, at first I thought it was the teenager but then I had to question this when I knew the parents were home. It would happen at various times of the day.

Ghetto neighbor #2 that's above my bedroom, I'm disabled and I slept a lot due to sleep apnea and because of my insomnia and Fibromyalgia I can be up all night then sleep during the day but still feel tired no matter how much I sleep but while I'm up at night I'm very quiet to not disturb others. Ghetto neighbor started in on me since she thinks I'm not disabled so her and her ghetto boyfriend started putting their speakers in the window and blasting music. She also yells out the window with her comments directed at me, but when I see her in the lobby she acts nice and speaks to me like I'm a friend. I have to admit at one point I wasn't sure if it was her doing these things but after knowing for sure which windows were theirs and which apartment number they were in I knew for sure. Add to the mix a psycho super and another ghetto couple on the other side of the building joining forces. Thank God they are idiots and I have God's protection because none of their efforts to try to have me evicted has worked.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:52 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Thank God they are idiots and I have God's protection because none of their efforts to try to have me evicted has worked.
Why do you live in the ghetto amongst all those "ghetto people"? You obviously don't like anyone around you and assume that their God is completely different from yours. Maybe you should move and find nirvana in a place where "ghetto people" don't live ...

Old 08-12-2012, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Why do you live in the ghetto amongst all those "ghetto people"?
Who said "all those ghetto people"? Stop putting words in my mouth, or in this case making assumptions and reading more than what is there. I mentioned TWO ghetto apartments.

Quote:
You obviously don't like anyone around you
Oh really? You sure know how to jump to conclusions.

Quote:
and assume that their God is completely different from yours.
I don't know if or who these people serve but one thing I do know it's not the same God as mine, my God isn't the author of confusion and also says you shall know them by their fruit. These people do nothing but devilish things, that's not of God.

Quote:
Maybe you should move and find nirvana in a place where "ghetto people" don't live ...
Thank you, I'm striving for this.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Who said "all those ghetto people"? Stop putting words in my mouth, or in this case making assumptions and reading more than what is there. I mentioned TWO ghetto apartments.

I must correct myself in saying I mentioned another ghetto couple on the other side of the building. You using the word all makes me think you think having at least 5 people described as ghetto is a lot, there are far more ghetto minded people in a certain buildings with this mentality so my situation maybe tame compared to others, but one ghetto minded person is too much in my opinion.

It certainly wasn't my intention to move anywhere where a ghetto mentality was around but just hoped I lived amongst good people and as we all know no matter where you live you may encounter not so nice people.

Old 08-18-2012, 05:13 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,946,460 times
If I were you I would move to another place and if this spying or whatever continues then check into the nearest mental facility. You may be inflicted with some form of paranoid schizophrenia. Many people have this illness and the treatments work well.
If however someone really is stalking or spying on you, it is creepy but they may not be breaking any laws. Best to just move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting