U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 09:02 AM

14 posts, read 94,280 times
Default I swear. My upstairs neighbor is spying on me.

I live in an apartment complex with a neighbor above and neighbor below. One of those basic complexes, probably cheaply made apartments, no real soundproofing, etc. Nothing like brick or concrete construction.

Anyway. My upstairs neighbor is nuts and ghetto, first of all. Recently, I have been noticing that she has been able to locate me wherever I move in the apartment. This has not always been the case. I walk softly, and again this is the upstairs -- not the downstairs -- neighbor.

One day I walked into my bedroom, sat down on the bed and shortly thereafter I heard her move her bed (or other furniture) aside and then sit above me on her floor. On other occasions, she has followed me into the kitchen, promptly dropping something over my head right where I was standing.

At the risk of welcoming all the paranoia and tin-foil hat comments, I am asking:

1) Is it possible that she is somehow tracking me through my apartment?

2) If so, how? (As far as I know, there is no device that lets you "see" through a wall/floor, so what gives?)

3) What can I do about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2011, 09:04 AM

1,709 posts, read 2,364,097 times
Sorry.

You are just paranoid.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:11 AM

11,056 posts, read 9,343,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by savannahonmind View Post
I live in an apartment complex with a neighbor above and neighbor below. One of those basic complexes, probably cheaply made apartments, no real soundproofing, etc. Nothing like brick or concrete construction.

Anyway. My upstairs neighbor is nuts and ghetto, first of all. Recently, I have been noticing that she has been able to locate me wherever I move in the apartment. This has not always been the case. I walk softly, and again this is the upstairs -- not the downstairs -- neighbor.

One day I walked into my bedroom, sat down on the bed and shortly thereafter I heard her move her bed (or other furniture) aside and then sit above me on her floor. On other occasions, she has followed me into the kitchen, promptly dropping something over my head right where I was standing.

At the risk of welcoming all the paranoia and tin-foil hat comments, I am asking:

1) Is it possible that she is somehow tracking me through my apartment?

2) If so, how? (As far as I know, there is no device that lets you "see" through a wall/floor, so what gives?)

3) What can I do about it?
Back in the day, Bazooka Bubble Gum used to offer X Ray vision glasses in return for sending in a crazy amount of comic strips. I could never save enough comics, but maybe your upstairs neighbor did. Gee I sure hope you're not a nudist.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
Sorry.

You are just paranoid.
Probably

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Back in the day, Bazooka Bubble Gum used to offer X Ray vision glasses in return for sending in a crazy amount of comic strips. I could never save enough comics, but maybe your upstairs neighbor did. Gee I sure hope you're not a nudist.
Where can I get a pack? And yes, I do enjoy walking around in the buff

Old 12-24-2011, 09:15 AM

Anyone else?

Old 12-24-2011, 09:17 AM

1,709 posts, read 2,364,097 times
My answer was sort of in jest. Sort of. I really think what you are hearing is normal. Apartments are so thinly insulated (noise wise). It's entirely possible that you are hearing more than one person as well.

I know of no method your neighbor could be using to spy on you. Sometimes we all get a little "out there" with our imagination. It's easy to do.

Cheers!

Old 12-24-2011, 09:25 AM

2,972 posts, read 3,570,990 times
All apartments such as yours have the exact same layout. Therefore, she probably has her bed in the same place as you, her tv/couch in the same spot, and everyone goes to the kitchen. Since your apartment is probably not huge, there is only 3-4 places a person will go in the apartment. Kitchen, couch, bed, dining room table, and bathroom.

Unless your ghetto neighbor is a secret technology genius, then you are extremely paranoid.

Or maybe one of her ghetto buddies stole a pair of infrared goggles, and she is tracking you like the Predator.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
All apartments such as yours have the exact same layout. Therefore, she probably has her bed in the same place as you, her tv/couch in the same spot, and everyone goes to the kitchen. Since your apartment is probably not huge, there is only 3-4 places a person will go in the apartment. Kitchen, couch, bed, dining room table, and bathroom.

Unless your ghetto neighbor is a secret technology genius, then you are extremely paranoid.

Or maybe one of her ghetto buddies stole a pair of infrared goggles, and she is tracking you like the Predator.
So.....it's a possibility?!?!?

Yes, I am very aware of our cookie cutter layouts. The thing is, she went from not being aware of where I was to being HYPER aware, down to the exact location -- from which she would promptly drop something or stomp directly overhead.

I know it sounds crazy.

Waiting for fellow paranoid apartment dwellers to check in...

Old 12-24-2011, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
My answer was sort of in jest. Sort of. I really think what you are hearing is normal. Apartments are so thinly insulated (noise wise). It's entirely possible that you are hearing more than one person as well.

I know of no method your neighbor could be using to spy on you. Sometimes we all get a little "out there" with our imagination. It's easy to do.

Cheers!
Cheers!

I took your post in the spirit in which it was intended. I know I sound kooky, so I am prepared for the responses. It's all good.

The more than one person thing is likely, as she has moved in way more people than are allowed on the lease. But that's another matter all together, lol.

These apartments are built like crap, and I am convinced it's all a Truman Show style experiment to bring out all our idiosyncracies. Damn them!

Old 12-24-2011, 09:48 AM

2,972 posts, read 3,570,990 times
Maybe you are secreting pheromones which is making her super sensitive to smell, and she wants to mate with you.

Maybe she is the Predator's sister.

Maybe she drilled a hole in her floor, and installed a hidden spy cam. Or she broke in to your apartment and installed a camera in the smoke detector.

Maybe she has infrared goggles.

Maybe she was a secret experiment that crossed a dog's senses with a human body, and she is able to track you through sound and smell.

Maybe she is a government agent sent from the future to drive you crazy, because you are the future John Connor.

SO, it is possible, depending on where you draw the line of belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting