Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:20 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,277,911 times

Advertisements

that's exactly why i do visits to my condo every 3 months as noted in my contract....to do preventive maintenance......if they 'start' to destroy my property like this, they're OUT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2012, 03:39 PM

633 posts, read 1,945,080 times
Absolutely disgusting! I have found apartments bad but not that bad.
Question, when did he do is last inspection?

Now if it was in NJ, the law states he would have to put her stuff in storage for 1 year.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:59 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,037,806 times
The bathroom was the worst! I almost threw up. That guy is crazy for going in to the house without a mask, as I bet the smell was awful.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:06 AM

24,364 posts, read 22,946,540 times
Wear a hazmat suit and respirator if you attempt to clean up that house. Locally two men( a father and son) were hired to clean out a house and they contracted a fatal bacterial infection.
That house should be condemned so I'd be careful thta the local authorities don't take notice.
Also you may be on the hook if you rent that house and the new tenants get sick. I'd also be afraid that the neighbors might demand you do something about that pig sty.
That house was bad. I've seen houses that had over a dozen illegals in ( that ruined the plumbing and never repaired it) that wasn't that bad.
Honestly letting her go was extremely generous of you but FGS don't let her attempt to rent another apartment or house from somebody else.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:08 AM

24,364 posts, read 22,946,540 times
LOL, contact that cable show " American Pickers" and offer them the chance to go through the house and buy anything they want.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:19 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,037,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
LOL, contact that cable show " American Pickers" and offer them the chance to go through the house and buy anything they want.
I'm sure they would be interested in the feces/toilet paper sculpture.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:39 AM

232 posts, read 1,650,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new jersey mike View Post
Absolutely disgusting! I have found apartments bad but not that bad.
Question, when did he do is last inspection?

Now if it was in NJ, the law states he would have to put her stuff in storage for 1 year.
It's absolutely crazy that you would have to pay your money (and may not ever get reimbursed) in order to store JUNK.

Could you legally throw away the obvious trash (like the fast food wrappers/cups) or would you have to keep everything for liability's sake?

Old 02-12-2012, 11:31 PM

22,658 posts, read 6,401,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitosBala View Post
Found this on the tubes, and figured I'd share it with you guys. At least to break the monotony around here of people breaking leases, LLs stealing security deposits and people complaining about gravity and the sounds this force of nature creates on their ceilings.

Either way, behold!

Crazy Garbage Feces Hoarders House - Viewer Discretion Advised - YouTube!

One of the nastiest homes I have ever seen. Viewer discretion is indeed advised.
Believe it or not my husband and I had a rental just like that. Couple moved in, everything was fine, we checked on it in 6 months, everything clean, even with a dog, so we stopped going over. Apparently they got into drugs, the house had a foot or two of trash everywhere. Dead mice,
mice feces, dog feces, (and this was after they had 2 kids) I had never seen anything like that before or since, and we've seen some pretty nasty looking places in all the years we've been landlords.....you are not alone..

Old 02-15-2012, 10:16 AM

633 posts, read 1,945,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pekemom View Post
Believe it or not my husband and I had a rental just like that. Couple moved in, everything was fine, we checked on it in 6 months, everything clean, even with a dog, so we stopped going over. Apparently they got into drugs, the house had a foot or two of trash everywhere. Dead mice,
mice feces, dog feces, (and this was after they had 2 kids) I had never seen anything like that before or since, and we've seen some pretty nasty looking places in all the years we've been landlords.....you are not alone..

I guess when the cats away the pigs will play!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting