Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 03:10 PM

4,918 posts, read 22,673,640 times

Advertisements

One thing ui learned from the PMC is never ever make an exception unless your willing to make it a legal exception.

tenat is late, the eviction process starts the first day it can legaly be started!

If a tenant or someone contact the PMC before the rent is due and explain a legitimate reasons. The PMC will draft a agreement the must sign that specifically states they are being granted this ONE TIME EXCEPTIOn to their lease terms under the specific circumstances outlined in the letter. It gives them the terms and conditions of this special consideration and clearly notifys them that this is a special agreement that does not modify any terms of the lease. What this does is give us the ability to make a compassonate decission when needed without creating exceptions and exclusions for other to abuse and to rpevent a tenant from claiming that "past practice" is somsthing it was not.

if there is a humanitarian or compassonate need to let somoene be late or pay in a way not outlined in the lease, cover yuor backside and do it in writing and only as a one time exception!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2012, 04:01 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,046,364 times
Require the rent be paid on time and always enforce the late fees. Otherwise the courts have interpreted in many jurisdictions that accepting late rent with no late fees waives the landlords rights to expect late fees in the future. A lease is a contract, demand that the tenant adhere to it.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:30 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,237,972 times
Today is the last day of his grace period. I called A. to check on him B. tosee when I was getting paid. He said he will have it Friday and I also told him of the late fees per day...(which are steep, I know, but I can do that.) So I should have it tomorow with my late fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting