U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:28 PM

5,999 posts, read 5,454,513 times

Advertisements

Once they are receiving mail you have to go through the eviction process. Have your son be careful she doesn't get a restraining order on HIM. At this point your son probably will need to abdicate his home.

It is possible he could charge theft - she has effectively stolen his belongings and property. At attorney might be able to do an order to show cause and get some kind of immediate action.

She is basically trying to steal his home. Expect her to destroy it when she moves out. Try to get photos asap.

Find out what the other husbands are in jail for. Domestic violence? Wouldn't be surprised if she hasn't done this same thing before.

Hire the attorney, get her out, get a judgement for damages against her. Probably you won't ever collect it, but let it dog her.

NEVER, NEVER, EVER let someone stay in your home. NOBODY EVER stays in my home, not even for one night. That is what motels are for. If I got you too drunk to drive at a party at my house I'll pay for a taxi. Visiting family, I'll pay for the motel. But you ain't stay'in here! For one thing I don't want to see my friends or spouses family until AFTER breakfast.

Someday when I get really rich I'd love to have a couple of guest houses on my "estate" where my friends can stay and I can be more hospitable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 10:22 AM

4,239 posts, read 7,938,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurpat View Post
ER]We r having same problem in sac California with my sons condo which he owns..he had a guest come in any stayed for 4 months, they were not getting along so she left... She never paid rent, utilities, or HOA nothing.. Unfortunately she returned 6 wks later, with her 18 yr old and 6 yr old.. Only to stay till she found something else...this is only a one bedroom place.!! He has asked them to all leave now for over 6 wks, it was so bad with frustration he left 8/10. And is living with us!! She will not leave says she doesn't have too because she considers herself as a tenant and has rights. She has registered her son in school with my sons address. She has a part time job and has no car..she takes a cab to work..we just found out she found a new credit card that was not even opened and she used his cell phone to activate it.. Now used it for two days for cabs and food..she was from Louisanna and I understand she is not allowed back in state..we have served her with a 30 notice to evict, we don't think she will leave.. Who will rent to her without a 40 hr week job, a car and a drivers license , which she doesn't have.. We are so upset with ca laws.. She is sitting at the pool with her children and think this condo is hers.. Told us if we contact her she will file harrassment charges and 30 notice is up 9/15 and she is staying!! She said start evection process..we have just contacted an attorney and seeing him tue, and that's a 1500.00 retainer.. How can this girl get away with this..
You should be able to get an attorney to do an eviction for less than $1000.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:12 AM

3 posts, read 8,599 times
Our son has been out for two weeks living with us!! Didn't trust what she might do next.. Start accusing of assault ??? She is big trouble and has what she wants a place free to live and her child enrolled in a good school.. Using my sons address to get him in...we go to lawyer this afternoon to see what tricks he might have up his sleeve.. We already sent a register 30 day notice, but now lawyer saying maybe a NON paying lodger, maybe a faster eviction process!! I have been trying to find out how and why two hubbies in jail?? This just an awful situation for our family.. Kinda sad for my son.. Has a learning disability with communication . He just wants a friend and a life with wife and kids.. He is 34 and lonely... But think he must of learned his lesson!!

Old 09-03-2013, 01:47 PM

186 posts, read 254,219 times
When I show somebody my "game face", they KNOW that they'd better leave, and they'd be smart to never cross my path again. I can't even imagine anyone daring to pull such stuff on me. Sheesh.

Old 09-04-2013, 02:09 PM

1,265 posts, read 2,389,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurpat View Post
Our son has been out for two weeks living with us!! Didn't trust what she might do next.. Start accusing of assault ??? She is big trouble and has what she wants a place free to live and her child enrolled in a good school.. Using my sons address to get him in...we go to lawyer this afternoon to see what tricks he might have up his sleeve.. We already sent a register 30 day notice, but now lawyer saying maybe a NON paying lodger, maybe a faster eviction process!! I have been trying to find out how and why two hubbies in jail?? This just an awful situation for our family.. Kinda sad for my son.. Has a learning disability with communication . He just wants a friend and a life with wife and kids.. He is 34 and lonely... But think he must of learned his lesson!!
Maybe your lawyer can use this to his advantage - have the woman charged with abuse of a vulnerable adult?!

Old 09-04-2013, 02:20 PM

3,186 posts, read 4,848,970 times
First thing I would do is drain the frikkin pool....gezzz

Old 09-21-2013, 05:32 PM

10 posts, read 16,922 times
So what happened with this??? Any updates?? Unbelievable...

Old 09-21-2013, 05:55 PM

11,387 posts, read 12,918,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKsilver View Post
She's also working with an attorney 1 day a week as in internship we found out.

My wife and I are just praying she be gone by this Wednesday night, if not my wife and I will be served eviction papers. We learned so much from this the hard way and we were wondering if we missed anything. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. We need this Squatter GONE!
You gotta fight fire with fire..get MEAN!!! Don't let her sleep on your couch...turn on the hot water taps in the kitchen when she showers (or turn it off at the tank)...take the elements off the stove when you're gone...it's up to you to make her life so miserable there that she wants to leave...pay no heed to her whining and trying to guilt you...that's all water under the bridge now. Have some loud parties when she's home..(turn the music up loud when she's trying to sleep) be rude to her...if you don't stand up and command respect in your own home she's gonna keep on walking all over you.
You might also want to contact the attorney she's interning with and let him know of the grief she's causing you...also let her mother know how she's using you.
Don't stock the home with food, You might have to eat out for awhile...sorry your kindness was so taken advantage of...goodluck getting her out.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,595 times
How did this come out. Same ordeal..

Old 05-22-2014, 02:52 PM

1 posts, read 2,148 times
I'm in a odd situation, I've had a roommate who receives her mail here at my address. She has a child that lives in the room she HAS NOT paid rent for. She has lived here since December of 2013 and not once paid rent. she has threatened me several times and I am overall scared she is going to get me or a member of my family into legal trouble. Do i have to go through the eviction process or can I have her removed as a trespasser? I live i Pinellas county florida
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting