Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2012, 01:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,229 times

Advertisements

In Long Beach, CA ** Landlord still not taking care of repair & restoration due to prior serious plumbing problems in older home. We realized serious ceiling damage due to upstairs serious bthrm. problem, within a week of moving into the older home. This was not disclosed to us...

We have a written agrement to have a business there at the commercial/residential zoned property/home. We have invested alot of money, to date. After four agonizing, partial uninhabitable living months the landlord has still not completed the badly necessary repairs and restoration. We only have a small protion of living room with an absolute horrible odor as the ceiling is all open, due to partial restoration from a company coming out, (4 mos. ago), and changing out some ceiling wood/rafters. There still is no usage of one upstairs bthrm and we have asked her numerous times to complete repairs, etc. so we could all move forward with a successful business relationship. Still she has not!!

This is now hurting my business there as well as having to live with what was not promised to us and only a portion of a home to reside in. I have been on time with full rent, I have sent her numerous texts over the month, and she contiunes to have excuses, and now I'm sending a registered letter. I am considering hiring an attorney, as well as pursuing this in court.. I am tired of paying full rent for a partial usage of a home where I cannot even continue to put my home and business together!

The City has asked her to put up screens on all windows and she still has not. There are no smoke alarms in home either. What else can I do? I appreciate any input.

TY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting