Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 AM

584 posts, read 1,934,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
after having this same problem for two years and it being a continual problem...we went out and bought one of those 'bull horns'...that emit that horrible..'WHHHAAAAAAAAA'... sound when you press the trigger and everytime they get over zealous upstairs..we hold it to the ceiling and let it rip...seems to be working.
Koale
if i was a quite neighbor not hearing the noise you hear but heard the horn when you used it i don't care about the over head noise above you if i was next door or below you. i would warn you once before going to the land lord
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2012, 05:37 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,406,958 times
Wink well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton42 View Post
if i was a quite neighbor not hearing the noise you hear but heard the horn when you used it i don't care about the over head noise above you if i was next door or below you. i would warn you once before going to the land lord
'WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA'....
Koale

Old 06-26-2012, 05:00 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
There is absolutely nothing you can do about apartment building that are not built for soundproofing. Nothing. Everyday walking will annoy the hell out of your downstairs neighbors. Having the tv on with cause noises for your upstairs neighbors. No amount of complaining or asking nicely is going to change the way people live. It's the LIVING IN TOP OF EACH OTHER that's the problem, and the fact that builders build on the cheap or think they are building upscale by putting in hardwood or laminate flooring which only AMPLIFIES noises.

Live on the top floor for maximum noise avoidance. Apartment living sucks.

Old 06-26-2012, 05:25 PM

239 posts, read 617,722 times
LOL i love that idea

Old 06-26-2012, 05:27 PM

239 posts, read 617,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There is absolutely nothing you can do about apartment building that are not built for soundproofing. Nothing. Everyday walking will annoy the hell out of your downstairs neighbors. Having the tv on with cause noises for your upstairs neighbors. No amount of complaining or asking nicely is going to change the way people live. It's the LIVING IN TOP OF EACH OTHER that's the problem, and the fact that builders build on the cheap or think they are building upscale by putting in hardwood or laminate flooring which only AMPLIFIES noises.

Live on the top floor for maximum noise avoidance. Apartment living sucks.
I cant agree with all of that Ceece. In Calif I lived in an outrageously expensive apt on the bottom floor...I never heard any neighbors. It was bliss........Until they raised my rent to $1900 for a 1 bedrm

Old 06-27-2012, 08:32 AM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
'WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA'....
Koale
lmao whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Old 06-27-2012, 08:25 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
I always live on the top floor. No other options for me.

Old 06-28-2012, 10:31 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I always live on the top floor. No other options for me.

I agree, i am on the top, but then sometime you have horrible tenants beside you. Trust me, I know that. but luckily now we have a quiet family living next to us. It is funny how there can be 2 couples, yet one couple are like living next door to ghosts, you never ever hear them, then you have another couple that everything they do is noisy.

go figure

Old 06-28-2012, 10:37 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Earplugs!
its a nice idea that falls totally flat when you realize you are still going to feel the vibrations causing the noise you can hear and god forbid you want to not wear them all day and actually try and watch television or have a conversation in your own home.

Old 06-30-2012, 07:27 PM

115 posts, read 363,981 times
I stay on the top floor. It was the only apartment available.. I didn't mind it because the 20' high ceilings and view from the balcony. One day my neighbor came and banged on my door.. she said she was tired of my bad children jumping around all day causing her pictures to fall off the walls. I opened the door the rest of the way and said "You mean the two 11mo olds who keep losing their balance?". She just looked at them and walked away.

Sometimes there is more to the story.. you should check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting