U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 06:16 PM

4,404 posts, read 4,478,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chef.sunny22 View Post
I'm afraid this sort of behavior is indicative of what I have read elsewhere. People keep weird hours now. Many work split shifts or night jobs and fail to realize others do not. They just expect to live this fractured life their way. I have seen it before, specifically with Asian immigrants. They just seem to survive on stress, noise, and little rest.

The guy went out at 5:45, I was already up, and came home around 8 am. Maybe he does a job before his real job. Maybe he cat naps and goes back to work.

I have to hand it to some people. They can live on little sleep and find work anywhere. I guess that's why some immigrants thrive while Americans languish.
The other side of this is others fail to realize that not everyone works 9-5 Monday to Friday. My fiancee works EVERY Sat at 7am. We often have issues with loud parties at my neighbor's on Friday nights. when we have asked them to be quiet...at 1am mind you...they usually reply "It's Friday night" so it works both ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 02:49 AM

4,403 posts, read 4,831,319 times
Quote:
I was actually psyched the people were foreign. I thought maybe they were Spanish which would have been great for us to practice our language skills and get to know them.

I don't give HOOT who thinks I am racist.

I am the most PC person you'd meet, so that is a hoot. Thanks for the bellylaugh.

If the family was White or Purple I'd feel the same. SHUT THE **** up at 1 am.

I get along very well with foreigners and like to speak with them. I have a lot of foreign friends from Thailand to Sweden to Germany to Britain.

Anyhow, everyone deserves a chance.

I'd like to see how PC all of you would be if someone was SCREAMING and BELLOWING at 1 am when you were trying to sleep then up again by 6 yelling and calling in the hallway, slamming the front door.

And let's not PRETEND only WHITE people make assumptions, Carlos, amigo.
awwww....you sound just like Archie Bunker...God Bless your cotton pickin' heart!! And you might thing you're PC, but you're really just a racist paddling down a river called D'nile.

So, other than coming here and complaining, did you do anything about it? Did you talk to them? Did you talk to your landlord?

Old 06-05-2012, 02:50 AM

4,403 posts, read 4,831,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
The other side of this is others fail to realize that not everyone works 9-5 Monday to Friday. My fiancee works EVERY Sat at 7am. We often have issues with loud parties at my neighbor's on Friday nights. when we have asked them to be quiet...at 1am mind you...they usually reply "It's Friday night" so it works both ways.

If this is happening every Friday night that you either need to call their landlord or the police.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:41 AM

841 posts, read 740,541 times
The new neighbors have been okay now. I think one of the other neighbor's spoke to them or must have complained.

I wasn't going to make an issue unless it continued. People deserve some time to settle down. Like I said, maybe the father is only around certain times to move stuff.

The last people we had were partying 20 somethings so we were thinking it would be more of the same.

When you have 6 families in one building, there is always some drama. I'm sure we make some of it ourselves.

Old 10-21-2012, 03:45 AM

230 posts, read 156,238 times
Quote:
I'm sorry to say a lot of foreign people from certain countries do not understand American culture. They have little respect for privacy and quiet due to living in harsh circumstances.
hahaha....wow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting