U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-11-2012, 07:00 PM

15,704 posts, read 21,100,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchessCottonPuff View Post
Everytime I post here my situation just gets worse and worse so Ill make it as short as I can ....

We've finally had a large enough pay cut that we now fall the below required rent amount to live here .
Office doesnt know this yet ,
Im 3 months into a 6 month lease. We've lived here two years ( for this job when it paid really well ) with no rent lateness.
We arent making it and I dont want an eviction at all.
We have an opportunity to go to a much better job in a neighboring state .
What would you do ?
We can legally get out of it by paying 1 1/2 times the next rent sept 1 ,we are paid up til then, but do not begin to have that much cash .
Then take the legally option and move on...don't expect the LL to take a fall for something the LL can't help...

Good luck in your new job and do the right thing!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2012, 11:54 AM

Location: Seattle , Wa. past: Portland Or.,Port Aransas Tx., Houston,Tx., OKC, Vlissingen,Netherlands
159 posts, read 226,338 times
LOL Please .....
I did pay the rent on time and I did think I paid the whole thing . I just made a clerical error on my check as I was writing several at once of similar amounts... THATS IT .. and I actually communicate very well.
I paid the amount owed within 5 minutes of posting. I had NO idea I was short, and no I dont expect anyone to come knocking on my door for anything - your a little dramatic there.
I paid my rent on time but was unknowingly 80.00 short .. its over.
I am however finding a new place to live in a different city
I got a better job.
BTW, the Days Of Our Lives post is hilarious...

Old 08-13-2012, 02:27 PM

4,790 posts, read 6,307,474 times
Quote:
LOL Please .....
I did pay the rent on time and I did think I paid the whole thing . I just made a clerical error on my check as I was writing several at once of similar amounts... THATS IT .. and I actually communicate very well.
I paid the amount owed within 5 minutes of posting. I had NO idea I was short, and no I dont expect anyone to come knocking on my door for anything - your a little dramatic there.
I paid my rent on time but was unknowingly 80.00 short .. its over.
I am however finding a new place to live in a different city
I got a better job.
BTW, the Days Of Our Lives post is hilarious...
No, you didn't pay your rent on time. You paid a portion of your rent on time and a portion equals nothing when it comes to rent

Good luck with the new job.

Old 08-19-2012, 01:41 PM

Location: Seattle , Wa. past: Portland Or.,Port Aransas Tx., Houston,Tx., OKC, Vlissingen,Netherlands
Good Luck with your nasty attitude ..... at least my situation can be fixed,, yours cant ...

Old 08-19-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Good Luck with your nasty attitude ..... at least my situation can be fixed,, yours cant ...

Nasty attitude because I stated the obvious?

You wouldn't have received that 72 hr eviction notice if you had paid your rent on time and in full....I guess that little tidbit slipped your mind....now I know why you call yourself "cottonpuff"...it's what's between your ears.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post

You wouldn't have received that 72 hr eviction notice if you had paid your rent on time and in full....I guess that little tidbit slipped your mind....now I know why you call yourself "cottonpuff"...it's what's between your ears.
Well Kim I actually DID pay the rent on time if you had read closely ,, they took a check with an amount made out for someone else on my bills to pay list .. honest mistake, im worn totally out and very stressed , I know the people in the office well enough that they could've caught it right then and said something to me but we were all talking and they didnt . .. I also made it to the end of my lease with no problems . You were just looking for a fight which I wont give you ... you obviously have worse problems of your own . Im on to bigger and better things ,,

God this forum has just turned into a free for all .
Thanks to all those with helpfull suggestions. We just toughed it out and payed the rent on time and made it through .

Old 12-28-2012, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Well Kim I actually DID pay the rent on time if you had read closely ,, they took a check with an amount made out for someone else on my bills to pay list .. honest mistake, im worn totally out and very stressed , I know the people in the office well enough that they could've caught it right then and said something to me but we were all talking and they didnt . .. I also made it to the end of my lease with no problems . You were just looking for a fight which I wont give you ... you obviously have worse problems of your own . Im on to bigger and better things ,,

Thanks to all those with helpfull suggestions. We just toughed it out and payed the rent on time and made it through .
If you paid your rent on time why did you get a 72 hr eviction notice?

Your office is assuming that they are dealing with a grown adult who has the ability to manage their checking account. They shouldn't have to check and double check that the payment you're handing in is correct.

No one here is picking a fight with you, you're just mad because no one here has taken your side against the landlord.

Old 12-28-2012, 07:04 AM

22,491 posts, read 27,075,498 times
Quote:
There are a few posters who've become a little belligerent lately but, unfortunately, that seems to be rather common on forums today and many are infinitely worse. Anyway, I'm glad it all worked out and good luck in the new city and the new job.

One little thing you might think about in future is to maybe communicate better. I can't tell you how many times as a landlord (and an employer), some small issues became huge because of lack of communication. It's very frustrating to be forced into being heavy-handed when it turns out that the person on the receiving end had a problem but didn't communicate it and just let things slide and naturally worsen. It seemed from your first couple of posts that you were going to talk to the LL but I'm assuming you didn't since you received a notice to pay or quit. Just a thought and, again, good luck in the future!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:59 AM

615 posts, read 421,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post

Goodness, if you trust the OP's statements, what kind of world are we living in that a tenant who'd been on time and careful with the property for two years didn't deserve at least a phone call before an eviction notice for a difference of $80? What's wrong with a "Hey, got your rent check. Did you realize it was for $80 less than your rent" before an eviction notice? Anyone can forget a bill every once in a while, a little common courtesy from an actual person you've been dealing with (rather than a credit card company or utility, where you deal with faceless representatives) would be a decent thing to do.

At any rate, good luck to the OP in the new job and state.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by campion View Post
Goodness, if you trust the OP's statements, what kind of world are we living in that a tenant who'd been on time and careful with the property for two years didn't deserve at least a phone call before an eviction notice for a difference of $80? What's wrong with a "Hey, got your rent check. Did you realize it was for $80 less than your rent" before an eviction notice? Anyone can forget a bill every once in a while, a little common courtesy from an actual person you've been dealing with (rather than a credit card company or utility, where you deal with faceless representatives) would be a decent thing to do.

At any rate, good luck to the OP in the new job and state.

I agree with what you're saying, but the OP isn't dealing with a small landlord..he's dealing with an apartment complex that probably turns over staff every 60 days (it seems that way at my complex) and they have a business to run. A business that is in business to make money...not hold someone's hand and pat their back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting