Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 10:50 AM

12 posts, read 25,229 times

Advertisements

UPDATE

Problem solved.

Tenant's mom is taking him out to breakfast, then dropping him off at the library with snacks. Later, she will pick him up and drive him home. Her BF's "unscheduled" surgery is not scheduled for this week.

Tenant admitted his ideas had problematic issues, and also said it was likely that he'd be "kicking the bucket" or knocking over the bucket and making a mess of things, spilling what's in the bucket, stepping in it, slipping etc.

Thanks for the compassionate answers and the landlord-supportive ones too.

For the other judgmental and critical posts, well, glad you can't read my mind.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricGal View Post
UPDATE

We don't have to read your mind. We can read your words quite clearly. And it isn't pretty.

Wondering what your next post is going to be. Maybe "Disabled tenant touches the door when closing it shut, instead of using the knob. He's going to damage my property. I am going to force him to wear gloves. "

You are a piece of work landlord, to put it mildly.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:15 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Glad the problem was resolved so simply and hope the repairs go well as anticipated.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:16 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,805,058 times
Perhaps the issue with the bucket idea was the safety of the tenant. A toilet is bolted to the floor and doesn't move when you sit. A bucket, not so much. What if the disabled tenant fell while trying to use the bucket? Who would then be responsible for his injuries had the LL provided the bucket? Pretty sure I know who.

Glad this is all a moot point and hope the tenant enjoyed his time at the library.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:19 AM

6,421 posts, read 7,667,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koale View Post
I wouldn't give it much thought either, if I were you...call his social worker and have them arrange transportation for him if necessary.
Koale

^^^^

Our tax dollars pay for the social worker so use them.

You have a legal obligation to take care of your property.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:25 AM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
^^^^

And my social worker would have told my landlord to leave me alone and let me use the bucket. Don't ever waste a social worker's time like that - they are all overworked as it is with *real* problems.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:52 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,670,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricGal View Post
UPDATE

Problem solved.

Tenant's mom is taking him out to breakfast, then dropping him off at the library with snacks. Later, she will pick him up and drive him home. Her BF's "unscheduled" surgery is not scheduled for this week.

Tenant admitted his ideas had problematic issues, and also said it was likely that he'd be "kicking the bucket" or knocking over the bucket and making a mess of things, spilling what's in the bucket, stepping in it, slipping etc.

Thanks for the compassionate answers and the landlord-supportive ones too.

No need to read your mind, only to see how you act and how you conduct your business. Reading your mind is not necessary.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:26 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
^^^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
And my social worker would have told my landlord to leave me alone and let me use the bucket. Don't ever waste a social worker's time like that - they are all overworked as it is with *real* problems.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
No need to read your mind, only to see how you act and how you conduct your business. Reading your mind is not necessary.
And no need to flog a dead horse. The matter has been resolved. It's done.

Oh, by the way, charolastra00, I don't know if you actually contacted your social worker on this issue but I called a good friend of mine who's been a social worker for many, many years and when I related to her the essence of this thread, she said that a landlord's request of this nature is perfectly reasonable and that, if no other arrangements could be made for the tenant to vacate the apartment for six hours, social services would indeed help with the arrangements. She also noted that the number of times they have to deal with bad landlords who fail to make necessary repairs and thus endanger their tenants far outweigh those who do the opposite and she would far rather deal with the latter than the former.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:47 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,297 posts, read 14,163,488 times
It's not really done until we find out if he liked the library. The story needs an ending.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:39 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,686,569 times
Look on Craigslist; they sell bedside pottychairs for next to nothing. A bedside potty chair is simply another version of a bucket. All he needs is a bucket for 6 hours. He can get scented plastic bags as liners for each time he needs to use it. Humans wear diapers....how is that more sanitary than eliminating in a plastic bag and using wet wipes for a period of 6 hours?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting