Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 01:37 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,602,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinagirk View Post
I am been rent and apt for 18yr but I have not been paying my rent for a few mth my landlord just come and take her key and put me out with out a court papers
Not exactly the legal way to do things but, seriously, what on earth did you expect after not paying rent for a few months?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 01:45 PM

1,371 posts, read 1,927,606 times
Whether you signed a lease or not is irrelevant, you made a verbal contract to pay rent, either be a man of your word or join the ranks of self serving losers your generation has become.

Old 03-03-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpme View Post
Whether you signed a lease or not is irrelevant, you made a verbal contract to pay rent, either be a man of your word or join the ranks of self serving losers your generation has become.
I believe you're answering the OP from 2012. A few new questions have been added on since then with the latest today.

Old 04-11-2015, 12:51 PM

1 posts, read 832 times
I was quickly trying to move and I found a place I gave him the security deposit and first months rent he in turn gave me the key and said he did not have one to make a copy and call him the next day and he will give me the lease that was the 10th of march he said I could have the first 5days free that I could move my things in so I did what he said i got no answer no call back I called a few times more then here and there no answer I finally get thru April 10th and I'm suppose to meet him Monday he wants me to pay rent but I haven't stayed there bcuz I couldn't get the electric on without the lease and he changed the lock should I pay ?

Old 04-11-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauletteg View Post
I was quickly trying to move and I found a place I gave him the security deposit and first months rent he in turn gave me the key and said he did not have one to make a copy and call him the next day and he will give me the lease that was the 10th of march he said I could have the first 5days free that I could move my things in so I did what he said i got no answer no call back I called a few times more then here and there no answer I finally get thru April 10th and I'm suppose to meet him Monday he wants me to pay rent but I haven't stayed there bcuz I couldn't get the electric on without the lease and he changed the lock should I pay ?
You couldn't turn on the electricity because you didn't have a lease and he locked you out? And you're asking if you should pay rent? Are you nuts? It sounds like a scam and I suggest you take a police officer to the meeting with you and get your stuff out of there immediately. If he even shows up ...

Old 07-12-2015, 09:35 PM

1 posts, read 745 times
I have a question I have lived in my apartment for 6 or more months and have been paying 550 each month. For the passed two months I have had some mental problems and haven't paid. Since this has happen my landlord has giving me a eviction notice. Since I have been paying and haven't signed a lease do I get my money back and then sign a lease

Old 07-13-2015, 04:26 AM

10,746 posts, read 25,963,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrosales View Post
I have a question I have lived in my apartment for 6 or more months and have been paying 550 each month. For the passed two months I have had some mental problems and haven't paid. Since this has happen my landlord has giving me a eviction notice. Since I have been paying and haven't signed a lease do I get my money back and then sign a lease
Do you know what it means to evicted? It means you have to move by the date on the notice you were served.

Not sure who you think you're going to sign a lease with; it won't be your current landlord and you'll have a hard time finding another landlord that will accept you with an eviction.

You're not making any sense : " for the past two months I haven't paid" What two months?? June and July? Then you say : "Since I have been paying". What does that mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting