Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 09:57 PM

28 posts, read 54,443 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
go to www . mrlandlord . com

it's a forum where many landlords q and a. very good info on there. they can guide you to a credit checking service. They used to have one on that web site that I used a few years ago with good results.

It's only for landlords. If a tenant ever posts on there, they get flamed.
Thanks I will since I'm getting flamed here for being landlord and with that I'm losing financially as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2013, 10:34 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofthelands View Post
Please if you can't give me a suggestion then don't pick up on my past mistakes. I did wrong things but after this hassle,I read most of the tenant-landlord rights.
I win the case today for eviction because he showed up without money.
No offense, but being a landlord is a business, and how do you expect to hold your tenants accountable, if you can't even hold yourself accountable, at least without getting defensive? In my experience, being a landlord is about successfully dealing with people, which starts with the ability (and process) for choosing good tenants. But failing to do so will then require you to fall back on knowing the laws. And when landlords chronically experience too much of the latter, it usually means they lack sufficient skill in the former.

But getting ''flamed'' will be the least of their worries, for any landlord who is unable (or unwilling) to learn to do either. And since this clearly won't be your last such experience, definitely seek some professional help, as already noted. BTW, I also had some horror stories in my early days as a landlord. Though thank god, I finally found a good attorney who helped me turn my sloppy, unprofessional attitude and thinking around... Good Luck!

Old 01-05-2013, 04:33 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:
Thanks I will since I'm getting flamed here for being landlord and with that I'm losing financially as well.

Nobody is flaming you for being a landlord. You've gotten some excellent advice here and all you do is balk at it. You made mistakes, now learn from them so you dont repeat them.

Being a landlord is a business, if you can't conduct yourself in a businesslike manner and keep your emotions out of the business, (they wont' take to me! I'm being flamed! Stop picking on me! I'm losing money, blah blah blah!) then hire someone to handle your rental and you wont' lose money!

Old 01-05-2013, 04:49 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Quote:
Yes my lease does.
No,but he promised us to pay some other day. It is kind of verbal contract for late fee
And the checks in the mail...Right?

Landlord/Tenants 101...Dead beats can be evicted by following the states eviction process.

Anyone who rents property and carries the title 'landlord' should be fully aware of the laws...beforehand.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:43 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
Wow, Lord of nothing, you asked for advice, you received it - good advice. No one flamed you for being a landlord, only for being ill-informed and unprepared to do the job you chose to do - landlording. But aside from some very minor flaming, you were given excellent advice from experienced people and you get snippy and rude to those kind souls who tried to help you.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:42 AM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,610 times
I find it astounding that a landlord would have to use a lawyer and even bring a case to court to evict a deadbeat. Bad state laws I guess. We can serve a three day "Pay Or Quit" notice and have a cop toss them, but we have a few "Tenant friendly" laws also.
Here I think it is from April to November a landlord can not evict for any reason whatsoever if the tenants have young children under a certain age.
We can't have toddlers sleeping outdoors in a Montana winter, that law may apply to disabled folks also but I'm not sure.
I should bone up on our states Tenant/Landlord laws, some may have changed and the human memory isn't perfect.
I know one thing for sure and that something is really messed up when it takes lawyers and judges to evict a person who wont pay rent and wont move either, That is just plain messed up.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:53 AM

2,091 posts, read 7,517,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
I find it astounding that a landlord would have to use a lawyer and even bring a case to court to evict a deadbeat. Bad state laws I guess. We can serve a three day "Pay Or Quit" notice and have a cop toss them, but we have a few "Tenant friendly" laws also.
Here I think it is from April to November a landlord can not evict for any reason whatsoever if the tenants have young children under a certain age.
We can't have toddlers sleeping outdoors in a Montana winter, that law may apply to disabled folks also but I'm not sure.
I should bone up on our states Tenant/Landlord laws, some may have changed and the human memory isn't perfect.
I know one thing for sure and that something is really messed up when it takes lawyers and judges to evict a person who wont pay rent and wont move either, That is just plain messed up.
Welcome to Florida.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wireyourworld View Post
Welcome to Florida.
Pretty much the same everywhere these days!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLookPhoto View Post
Probably should!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting