Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
your living in fantasy land.

could have been foster - doubt it
could have been a babysitter - doubt it
caring for friends kids - doubt it

probably knocked up by seven different men and not married to any of them - sounds more like reality

and now my tax dollars are paying for her.
DOUBT IT .... So your just Making a ass out of yourself! Where is the Proof where the kids came from Where is the Proof she got preggers by 7 different men?? NONE cause no one asked her! Section 8 KNOWS cause the have Birth Cretificates & SS of Everyone in the program.. But yet YOUR Brother FAILED to fine out! Just spreading Nasty Stories just to Dignify him turning some one down for housing! GEE WHY am I NOT surprised Blame the Tenant Mentality! Just cause Your Brother FAILED as a LL to ASK!

BTW My Gma had 12 kids by the same man Her HUSBAND!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 07:42 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Let me give you an example of why my brother didn't accept it: 1st lady was single mother with 7 kids. 2nd lady was single with 8 kids. Neither one had a job. Just lived off government funding for the kids..Need I say more????
How big was the apartment? Would your brother have accepted either of these applicants for that same apartment if they hadn't wanted to use Section 8 assistance? I seriously doubt it.

I've worked with the Section 8 program for a long time, and I've never heard of Section 8 forcing someone to have seven or eight kids they couldn't support. Maybe you could show me where in the regulations it says that they can do that.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:00 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
Apparently you've never heard of the mortgage interest deduction or the property tax credit. Together they are the largest subsidized housing program in the United States.

If you are not taking advantage of them I suggest you find a new tax preparer.
How do you figure I have not heard of them?

Do you not know the concept of earned income? As in the deductions reduce my already earned taxes; I EARNED THAT MONEY.

Section 8 receivers did not earn the money they receive, a person takes a deduction has already earned that money; do you not comprehend this? Lowering my tax liability is just keeping more of what I made and not giving it to the government. People receiving section 8, food stamps, EIC, etc are not keeping more of what they earned, they are actually not paying any in federal taxes, but are receiving more than they put into the system, with people like me paying for it.

Letting people keep their earned income is not subsidizing, no matter how much you want to believe it is.

Old 01-03-2013, 08:14 AM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Section 8 receivers did not earn the money they receive, Sure we did we Worked & some still Work & pay into the system!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:08 AM

22,319 posts, read 29,400,492 times
The townhouse was a 3/3 at 1500 sq ft and btw we both heard both women say they were going to have bbq's with their sister and her kids and couldn't wait to use the (microscopic) backyard. NO FING WAY!!!!

Sorry but I don't give a rats ass of what you guys are saying. They were not adopted, were not their sisters kids, etc. They DID NOT WORK as right out of their mouths. Truth hurts people. You obviously have NO IDEA of how much the women get PER KID from the govenment. Why do you think so many of them have multiple multiple kids?????

If I was smart, I'd just quit my job, pop a couple kids out and live off the government per way as in housing, food stamps, etc. I mean it sure beats WORKING!!!!!

Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,654,132 times
I have to say that if I were a landlord I would not rent to someone who had 7 or 8 kids no matter who they were.

Kids do damage to property. I also wouldn't rent to a bunch of college students, same reason. There are exceptions but after what I've seen I wouldn't take the chance.

I'd rent to certain section 8 people though. I knew a woman who qualified for section 8 and when she got it she was looking for an apartment near her elderly mother so she could care for her. She was a nice person. I've known elderly couples who had section 8 and took care of the property as if it were their own.

So I wouldn't rule out section 8 people but I'd look at them the same way I'd look at anybody. No 7 or 8 kids. Very few people these days even have 7 or 8 kids. They can't afford them. So if they DO have 7 or 8 kids, it's usually because of a lax, irresponsible lifestyle in which they know other people will pay for them.

Also, the person who said there was free internet, free cable? Huh? Maybe on some other planet.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:07 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post

Also, the person who said there was free internet, free cable? Huh? Maybe on some other planet.
I don't understand all this totally erroneous information which is cast around as "fact" either. Internet and cable aren't subsidized by any social agency; and all this "free food" nonsense being bandied around is likewise nonsense. The average SNAP is a little over $110/month per person. If anyone on here can happily feed themselves on $3-$4 a day (and SNAP is only for food) then good for you! It would be nice if all those who seriously think that such social benefits allow one to live a comfortable life did just a tiny bit of research and get their facts right.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:21 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I don't understand all this totally erroneous information which is cast around as "fact" either. Internet and cable aren't subsidized by any social agency; and all this "free food" nonsense being bandied around is likewise nonsense. The average SNAP is a little over $110/month per person. If anyone on here can happily feed themselves on $3-$4 a day (and SNAP is only for food) then good for you! It would be nice if all those who seriously think that such social benefits allow one to live a comfortable life did just a tiny bit of research and get their facts right.

Well, here in Florida they are given free cellphones, free computers, free internet..not free cable though, in addition to their food stamps allowence. I know for a fact about the internet because I have a good friend who works for the cable company and they do give deep discounts on cable.

I have a co worker who has one child and she gets $468 a month in food stamps. Not to mention free medical, dental and vision...all on my tax dollars and when she was offered a full time postion with excellent benefits..she said no, I can't give up my govt assistance!!

And to the yahoo who said they paid into the system so they deserve to use it...do me a favor and add up all your govt freebies and then add up what you paid in taxes and tell me that you've paid enough to cover what you're getting.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:41 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Well, here in Florida they are given free cellphones, free computers, free internet..not free cable though, in addition to their food stamps allowence. I know for a fact about the internet because I have a good friend who works for the cable company and they do give deep discounts on cable.

I have a co worker who has one child and she gets $468 a month in food stamps. Not to mention free medical, dental and vision...all on my tax dollars and when she was offered a full time postion with excellent benefits..she said no, I can't give up my govt assistance!!

And to the yahoo who said they paid into the system so they deserve to use it...do me a favor and add up all your govt freebies and then add up what you paid in taxes and tell me that you've paid enough to cover what you're getting.
If you to the FLA SNAP website you will find this chart which clearly indicates that the maximum SNAP benefits for a 2 person household is $367/month:

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/...afactsheet.pdf

This has nothing of course to do with your assertion of free cellphones, free computers, free internet and deeply discounted cable rates, nor anything to with medical benefits. SNAP has nothing to do with any of those. However, since the information that your coworker receives $468/month in SNAP for her and her child is apparently faulty, one might assume that the rest of it could well be based on lack of real knowledge.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
If you to the FLA SNAP website you will find this chart which clearly indicates that the maximum SNAP benefits for a 2 person household is $367/month:

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/programs/...afactsheet.pdf

This has nothing of course to do with your assertion of free cellphones, free computers, free internet and deeply discounted cable rates, nor anything to with medical benefits. SNAP has nothing to do with any of those. However, since the information that your coworker receives $468/month in SNAP for her and her child is apparently faulty, one might assume that the rest of it could well be based on lack of real knowledge.

I understand what you're saying, but i'm telling you she gets $486 dollars a month for her and her son on SNAP. I've seen the website that shows her deposit because we all called her on it saying there is no way she gets that much. Another coworker has a sil with one child who gets the same amount.

SNAP is all computerized here in Florida. You apply online and fax in your paystubs and other paperwork required and then check your account online for your deposit (it shows for each calender year by month). Silly me thought you actually met with a social worker in person....nope, it's all done online and when they need to interview you, it's done over the phone.

As for my assertion of the other items, I'm correct on those as well.

The county gives free cellphones to anyone on SNAP and every child that is on SNAP qualifies for a free computer thru the school system. It's not a loaner, it's their's, free and clear. If you have a landline, you either get that for free or at a deep discount as well.

Also, if you get SNAP you more than likely qualify for medicad ( free medical care, free dental care and free visoin)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting