Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 01:38 PM

8 posts, read 244,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Our has the same sign and they enforce it!

I had a lady and her two sons move in below me a couple of years ago. About 8mths later another lady and her older teen daughter moved in...now that was 2 adult females, 1 older teen female and 2 minor males...where were they all sleeping in a 2 bed unit? I don't care, I didn't care and I didn't call the manager about them either ( if they were being bothersome, then yes, I would.)

They lived like this for about 12 mths and then a new manager took over and she really really took the reins and we lost a lot of tenants....including my neighbor below me. They were given a 3 day notice and they were gone. I have no idea how they found them out, they were quiet and clean so who knows.

I know here in fl the housing laws say 2 per bedroom...but that doesnt' apply to homeowners or private landlords...only complexes and property management companies.
I'm pretty sure I saw in my lease that it states that too, can't be certain but I do remember the management saying only so and so number can stay in a apartment and only those on the lease, all kids must be named.
I also wouldn't care but its getting difficult to get a good nights sleep when I hear the baby's ongoing cries, it goes on and on because nobody checks on her, so for a good 20-30 minutes I'm wide awake, and it doesn't happen once but throughout the night.. and day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 07:37 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
if the landlord reads this, they likely won't do anything to the family. It could be deemed discrimination due to family status. There are rules about sq footage that apply and the baby doesn't count based on this Fair Housing Act case on a similar situation in NJ. It's not as simple as number of bedrooms.

http://www.nj.gov/oag/newsreleases10...4a-Ubaechu.pdf

Old 07-13-2014, 03:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,752 times
First off, they go by age. The baby girl could be in the parents room and the 3 boys could share a room... There is nothing wrong with that. Did you know they make bunk beds? I know when I move that is how it will be. My two oldest will be in bunk bed and the youngest will be in his toddler bed in the same room, while the baby I am caring now will be in my room. To be honest, you should be they take care of there kids and are able to provide a roof. Apartments are always going to be noisy because of kids and if you do not like it then you should move, not put a mom and her kids on the street due to your ignorance! You must not be a mother because the "cry out" method sometimes is all you can do. ALSO FYI to the dumb asses that said call CPS on them, you stupid as ****, she can NOT get in trouble for having noisy kids. That's the children's personality. Now if you hear the parents beating the kids (not just yelling at them) then you should call.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:15 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
My rule is no more than 2x the number of bedrooms.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:17 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeachy View Post
Yeah I suspect that too but this family moved in as 6...
I'm guessing they fibbed on the number of people residing on the application.

Then just evict the ones not on the application.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
My rule is no more than 2x the number of bedrooms.

That would be an epic Fail in Oregon.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommyof4littlepeople View Post
First off, they go by age. The baby girl could be in the parents room and the 3 boys could share a room... There is nothing wrong with that. Did you know they make bunk beds? I know when I move that is how it will be. My two oldest will be in bunk bed and the youngest will be in his toddler bed in the same room, while the baby I am caring now will be in my room. To be honest, you should be they take care of there kids and are able to provide a roof. Apartments are always going to be noisy because of kids and if you do not like it then you should move, not put a mom and her kids on the street due to your ignorance! You must not be a mother because the "cry out" method sometimes is all you can do. ALSO FYI to the dumb asses that said call CPS on them, you stupid as ****, she can NOT get in trouble for having noisy kids. That's the children's personality. Now if you hear the parents beating the kids (not just yelling at them) then you should call.

Just an example of poor people having crappy/limited options. Homeowners don't have to live in noisy homes unless they sign up for it. For renters it comes with the territory whether or not they sign up for it.

Old 07-14-2014, 09:23 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Sounds like a good reason to get working on improving job skills and leave the ranks of the poor.

Old 07-14-2014, 11:47 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,535,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Sounds like a good reason to get working on improving job skills and leave the ranks of the poor.
This was not a very nice thing to say. Apartment living does not equal poor.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:02 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
This was not a very nice thing to say. Apartment living does not equal poor.
It's an old thread which was revived but I agree with you that the comment was unseemly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting