Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 12:35 PM

6,032 posts, read 9,212,031 times

Advertisements

Stop smoking pot, problem fixed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 01:03 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tika1234 View Post
ok I just moved into an apt I have grandkid come over last night my 5 yrs old granddaughter was here the pot was coming through the vents so thick I had to leave my own home so my granddaughter didn't get sick this is ridiculous
Did you call the supervisor - anybody?

Old 08-23-2013, 01:06 PM

4 posts, read 10,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitosBala View Post
Cooking meth, running a heroin den, hosting a crack-house and stuff like that, YES. Call the cops, bring in the S.W.A.T. and take care of the problem.

Two young people, smoking a joint in the privacy of their own home, who may very well be 100% unaware that the smell carries through to another unit?? JUST WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU AND PEOPLE LIKE YOU??

What in the heck are you talking about???

What are you smoking??? Maybe you should share it with OP and OP's neighbors. Sounds like good stuff.
that just sounds like you think pot is no big deal question if its such a no big deal would you drive if you were on it would you allow your grandchildren to be around it its a drug like any thing else and when driving it can kill

Old 08-23-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Did you call the supervisor - anybody?
I called the owner he said he would talk to them now they just use incence to cover up the smell which make the matter worse the landlord treats me like im a trouble maker cause I just moved in

Old 08-23-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I called the owner he said he would talk to them now they just use incence to cover up the smell which make the matter worse the landlord treats me like im a trouble maker cause I just moved in
our contract states no smoking in apts and no drugs I want to move but cant afford to

Old 08-23-2013, 02:42 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,703,004 times
Quote:
Nobody treats somebody like a troublemaker just because they "just moved in". Maybe your approach is not too polite? Talk (i.e. don't demand, yell and swear) to your LL again and let him know your concerns.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:51 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
Quote:
I wonder what would prevent the weed smell from getting into your apartment, or what could dissipate the smell? Maybe some type of air filter? I don't know ..,

They ARE in the privacy of their home, but you have a legitimate concern as well.

Hopefully you can resolve the problem. Good luck.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:09 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,505,733 times
Pot used to smell good in the 70's. Now it just stinks! Smells like a skunk came into the building and sprayed. Way stinkier than tobacco nowadays, in my opinion.

It's no smoking in my bldg. But over half my tenants are students and so, the lovely aroma of skunky pot sometimes wafts down the halls. What I do every now and then is post notices on all apt doors reminding them that there is no smoking in the building of any substances, and to take it outside away from any doors or windows. That will slow things down for awhile.

I went out one evening to check my mailbox in the hallway, and one of my student tenants walked over from her apt to check her mail, too. Whoa! Major skunk smell following her like a cloud.

I said, man I can sure smell pot this evening. Somebody's getting high (wink wink), (grin, grin) then said goodnight and walked back to my apartment. LOL! I'm sure in her paranoid state she thought, oh my God! I'm busted! I'll get kicked out! Tee hee.

Haven't smelled pot since then. So, I think I've identified the latest culprit, and I never had to confront her.

In my building it's really hard to identify who is the smoker, with 13 apts on each floor, and long hallways, where the smell just travels. So, there isn't usually much i can do other than post notes occasionally. Or get lucky and run into a high, paranoid, stinky girl and let her know I know she's been smoking.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:13 PM

44 posts, read 100,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I'll take the sweet smell of pot any day over the smell of tobacco.
Have you smelled it lately? It's not sweet-it smells like a roadkill skunk.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,855 times
I used to love the smell of pot in the 70s and used it for concerts or parties. Never did drink alcohol. Now the smell of pot is horrible. It would not be acceptable to let myself smell that nasty! I can't figure out why the smell is ok to so many. Maybe they are younger and don't know that it didn't always smell awful. Boy, the odor of my date would be enough to kill any libido I may be feeling from the buzz!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting