Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 AM

584 posts, read 1,935,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
That's my point, I can't have a relaxing evening in my place so why should they?
quite enjoyment does not mean your neighbors can not yell and scream . quite enjoyment mean the land lord can not bug you about dumb ****. noisekaws stops the neighbors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 09:55 AM

1,092 posts, read 3,436,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobefobik View Post
My definition of a lousy landlord is one that evicts tenants for knocking on another neighbor's door because that person is causing noise disturbances.

Of course, if that neighbor reacts violently toward you that's your problem.
His description was not knocking. It was pounding and yelling to try and scare them.

There is nothing wrong with politely knocking, and letting your neighbors know they're disturbing you.

If you're missing the not so subtle difference, than there is nothing left to be said.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:01 AM

912 posts, read 5,260,722 times
Quote:
Well I say scare I mean screaming to the top of my lungs. I don't beleive I can be evicted or cited for that
Quote:
I figured it was no point in complaining about noisy neighbors which is why I decided in the past to handle it myself and scare the hell out of them by banging on their door at 1am with a look of rage

lol
Quote:
But i am only acting out at 1am because I am being disturbed by noise from them. I don't go around yelling for nothing at 1am
Easy there Mr.Billy Bad-Ass. Everyone knows you are a big scary bad-man that demands respect, but need I remind you that Philadelphia and PA are not only shall-issue states, but they have Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground clauses as well.

This means that if you bang on anybody's door at 1am, while screaming, and scare them enough, they could very easily and legally put a gun on your face, and at that point, you are only a twitch away from dying on somebody's lawn/hallway... over what exactly???

Oh yes, your need to be respected, as a man.

Sad.

Next time try playing "Pretend Grown Up", and have normal conversations with people. Its a hoot!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitosBala View Post
Easy there Mr.Billy Bad-Ass. Everyone knows you are a big scary bad-man that demands respect, but need I remind you that Philadelphia and PA are not only shall-issue states, but they have Castle Doctrine and Stand Your Ground clauses as well.

This means that if you bang on anybody's door at 1am, while screaming, and scare them enough, they could very easily and legally put a gun on your face, and at that point, you are only a twitch away from dying on somebody's lawn/hallway... over what exactly???

Oh yes, your need to be respected, as a man.

Sad.

Next time try playing "Pretend Grown Up", and have normal conversations with people. Its a hoot!

There is not a such thing as a normal conversation if I am not able to sleep at 1am in the morning.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:07 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
I'm so grateful for my single family home, and quiet neighbors.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:41 AM

850 posts, read 3,716,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I'm so grateful for my single family home, and quiet neighbors.
My brother and I are moving into a single family place next week and I can't wait! That's the only way--though not a guarantee--that you won't have to hear people banging on the walls or chatting away till 1:00am.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:04 PM

685 posts, read 1,105,320 times
If someone ever had the nerve to ring my doorbell at 1 a.m. and "scare" me, a phone call would be made to the cops. Yes, if kids are going to be in the house, you are going to hear them. What planet do you live in where you think otherwise?

Old 04-23-2013, 01:49 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
If someone ever had the nerve to ring my doorbell at 1 a.m. and "scare" me, a phone call would be made to the cops. Yes, if kids are going to be in the house, you are going to hear them. What planet do you live in where you think otherwise?

I want them to call the cops which is the purpose of me snapping. Chances are after they hear me scream like a crazy man, and then the cops come to find out what's wrong, I'm sure there will be no more noises from above because they wouldn't want to hear me go off again.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:23 PM

1,092 posts, read 3,436,516 times
Quote:
I want them to call the cops which is the purpose of me snapping. Chances are after they hear me scream like a crazy man, and then the cops come to find out what's wrong, I'm sure there will be no more noises from above because they wouldn't want to hear me go off again.
You want to waste police resources. Lovely.

Old 04-23-2013, 04:47 PM

584 posts, read 1,935,639 times
Quote:
you sound like you may be mental the cops will not give a dam you heard them laughing or what not just that a nutter pounded on someone door at 1 am and made them feel unsafe, it would be all on you not a possible noise complaint . but a possible crazy fool meaning to do harm. but you would get a nice free ride in the deal and a free hotel room for the night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting