Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 04:23 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times

Advertisements

yes. drains can connect and also clogs can move farther down the pipe and grow by catching more debris.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 07:14 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Spoke to landlord today...she said that she has a feeling it's going to be a "complicated plumbing issue and they will probably need to rip out the wall" and "do I really need the washer"??? She offered to take $25 off the rent.

thought she would offer to take off more than that.

Old 06-12-2013, 05:53 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Spoke to landlord today...she said that she has a feeling it's going to be a "complicated plumbing issue and they will probably need to rip out the wall" and "do I really need the washer"??? She offered to take $25 off the rent.

thought she would offer to take off more than that.
Think about what you want to do. Do you want $50 or $75 off the rent....do you want to get out of the lease? Counter offer her. Maybe say you would either like $50 off the rent or get out of the lease because the washer was the reason you moved there.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:00 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen5276 View Post
Yea, I was going to send the certified letter, but then I feel like it sets up hard feelings. But looks like that is what I will have to do.

I have been communicating with her via phone and in person. No written communication yet.

Seriously? How about the hard feelings you have because you pay rent for a place that comes with a washer and dryer that you cannot use?

NEVER, EVER seek a repair using the telephone or face to face conversation. ALWAYS send a written document that has to be signed for and be sure and keep copies for yourself. State clearly what the issue is, how long it has been going on and set a time frame for the repair.

Also, be sure you have read your lease for specifics regarding the appliances in the unit. Then if the repair is not made within the time frame send a copy of the original letter you mailed to the landlord with another letter to the actual Management company stating that your request for repair (see attached) has been ignored and you would like them to get the repair done asap. Be sure to have this letter signed for as well.

Being a renter is a business proposition so keep it professional and stick to the facts regarding the issue, nothing more, nothing less.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting