Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 05:19 AM

712 posts, read 2,145,426 times

Advertisements

I notice as I'm sure some do.. that wherever you go.. craigslist etc. has "temp or vacation rental" or even "boarding house" rental..

So what are the protections on that.. if a tenant does not leave on their contract date.. I assume you get to call the cops..?

Also does anyone have a "temp rental" contract they'd recommend?

If you need to know my state for their rental laws.. it's MO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 07:10 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,899,953 times
On our vacation rental we use a KABA Lock, on a particular day that I set up the entry code limits so who ever is in there has no access after a specific date. Most vacation rentals either use a KABA, something similar, or a key card which is also set up with limited access. Honestly I have not heard of an issue of overstaying.
By the way the vast majority of owner managed vacation rentals list on either VRBO or Home Away. Craig's List would be in most cases, just a supplemental listing because it's free.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:14 AM

13,131 posts, read 20,963,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
So what are the protections on that.. if a tenant does not leave on their contract date.. I assume you get to call the cops..?
Depends on your state laws. Some treat any rental over 30 days as a rental under the Landlord Tenant laws. Other states may have seperate regulations based on registration and rental period. Some states use the same rules for hotels/motels for ertain types of vacation rentals. You need to know the specific laws of the state where the property is located to determine what laws apply and what rights you have as the property owner or renter. The biggest mistake you can make is to apply some vague understanding or the wrong regulations and end up with a renter who knows the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting