Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2013, 03:02 PM

67 posts, read 98,396 times

Advertisements

like i said before I did my part and cleaned, I wasnt informed that I had to carpet clean and the LLs wife told me I didnt need to fix the sink. So than I shouldnt have anything taken out of my deposit than.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 03:39 PM

2,091 posts, read 7,516,077 times
You were informed you had to clean the carpet. It was in the lease which supercedes everything verbal. And they told you you didn't have to fix the sink because your security deposit covered the damage.

I would have charged you for a new sink professionally installed. Or at least a non broken used one professionally installed.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:09 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
No point continuing to try and use logic or basic legal points here. The OP is using the forum to keep repeating herself so that she's all set to deliver the perfect case with no hesitation. Oh to be a fly on the wall ...

Old 08-24-2013, 05:26 AM

577 posts, read 663,111 times
Default OMG Why am I still reading this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteacherNV View Post
like i said before I did my part and cleaned, I wasnt informed that I had to carpet clean and the LLs wife told me I didnt need to fix the sink. So than I shouldnt have anything taken out of my deposit than.
You can say this same thing 20,000 more times, or until you are blue in the face, and it still won't make it right legally or morally.

Now, in my very best mommy voice.....

LITTLE TEACHER NEVADA!

How many times do I have to tell you to clean your carpet?????

and

You're a big girl now, I shouldn't have to tell you that when you break something, you have to fix it!

Old 08-26-2013, 10:54 AM

67 posts, read 98,396 times
Just you watch and see you people dont know the law and what my rights are

Old 08-26-2013, 10:56 AM

We're watching, honey. We're watching.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:19 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,106,143 times
We are waiting with baited breath for the outcome of your suit against the landlord. You're right, none of us know the law - we can't read, you see.

I'm taking bets that she doesn't return with the outcome of how much more she now has to pay the landlord.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:24 AM

20 posts, read 29,770 times
I was going to post and reach out for some more insight but WOW saw this thread. This is crazy I posted something that sounds just like this but with less details, I'm the LL however, a month or more ago..... Smalls Claims, word of mouth...same issues/damages.....really?!?!?! I rented to a teacher not an aide though, she didn't carpet clean, damaged kitchen sink not the bathroom....Guess I'm not the only LL with these issues...hmm, This is strange. Wow

Old 08-26-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_looking_for_change View Post
I was going to post and reach out for some more insight but WOW saw this thread. This is crazy I posted something that sounds just like this but with less details, I'm the LL however, a month or more ago..... Smalls Claims, word of mouth...same issues/damages.....really?!?!?! I rented to a teacher not an aide though, she didn't carpet clean, damaged kitchen sink not the bathroom....Guess I'm not the only LL with these issues...hmm, This is strange. Wow
It certainly does sound almost identical. Your former tenant sounds as though she came out of the same nest as this little fledgling and I've no doubt at all that in both cases the old adage about survival of the stronger of the species will once again prevail and two cocky tenants will be walking out of the courtroom with their tails between their legs.

Old 08-26-2013, 11:39 AM

20 posts, read 29,770 times
haha oh that was good I needed that! Well my case is this week so atleast Ill update you on my end!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting