Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 10:26 AM

253 posts, read 228,958 times

Advertisements

I've tried a few different providers but http://www.myrental.com has been the best to work with by far. It's inexpensive, thorough, and easy to use. I require an application fee for any potential tenant and run every one of them through a full background check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2014, 01:29 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxbest View Post
Hi,

I'm looking for the best website with best result providing tenant background and credit check.
where you have the best experience with? Thanks!

I'm looking for the best website with best result providing landlord background and credit check.

I rented from a couple where they had a pricey subprime mortgage (they refi'd to pay huge medical bills), a few months later, the guy's health rapidly declined, he died, his disability income disappeared, house was foreclosed, had to move. (Obviously, the mortgage had been delinquent for a long time and I had no idea.)

How can I avoid going through this again?

Old 05-10-2014, 12:58 PM

32,650 posts, read 48,040,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
.........How can I avoid going through this again?
Buy your own and be diligent about making the payments on time. After you pay, verify that the payment arrived.

There is simply no way to guarantee that any given landlord will not have financial troubles, or get sick, or die. You want stability, then buy. And get a fixed rate mortgage, so your monthly payments don't go up.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:02 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Buy your own and be diligent about making the payments on time. After you pay, verify that the payment arrived.

There is simply no way to guarantee that any given landlord will not have financial troubles, or get sick, or die. You want stability, then buy. And get a fixed rate mortgage, so your monthly payments don't go up.

??? Government does not allow the sale of habitable properties I can afford to buy. Zoning laws (e.g. minimum lot sizes), Urban Growth Boundary, etc get in the way of affordability. What Would Tom McCall Do?

Old 05-10-2014, 11:21 PM

3,155 posts, read 2,732,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxbest View Post
I also prefer to do my own screening.

The most important things to me regarding screening tenant are:

1-Their Ability to Afford the Rent Payment.

2-Their Willingness to Pay on Time.

3-The Long-Term Outlook for Their Job Stability.

4-Their Cleanliness and House Keeping Skills.

5-Their Aversion to Crime, Drugs, and Other Illegal Activities.

6-The “Stress Quotient†– How Much Stress Will They Cause a Landlord.

For that reason I'm looking for a good affordable online service where I can get the most information what I mentioned above.

What do you suggest which online services do the best by affordable price?
tenantbackgroundsearch.com is good. They have 3 different depths, depending on how much you wanna spend.

And it's easy to use.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:29 AM

5,511 posts, read 4,476,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I'm looking for the best website with best result providing landlord background and credit check.

I rented from a couple where they had a pricey subprime mortgage (they refi'd to pay huge medical bills), a few months later, the guy's health rapidly declined, he died, his disability income disappeared, house was foreclosed, had to move. (Obviously, the mortgage had been delinquent for a long time and I had no idea.)

How can I avoid going through this again?
There should be bank or some other statement to check the status of a mortgage, but I can't recall what it's called.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:54 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,688,447 times
This is what I use. Very happy with it. The applicants pay the fee directly.

https://www.mysmartmove.com/

Old 05-30-2014, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,403 times
Default Best Tenant Screening Service

I've used Houserie.com in the past and have had really good success. I'd recommend them.

Old 06-14-2014, 11:33 AM

1 posts, read 3,304 times
As a landlord of over 20 years I have always Used l2l2l.com as their pricing and service for anyone with 10 units or more is hard to beat.

Old 07-24-2014, 12:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,129 times
what's a good company to do these checks but without requiring the potential tenant to follow directions in their email?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting