Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 05:55 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
Kim I did not take you as snarky. You actually helped me today to call and complain. So the music again this morning where my walls were vibrating and I could hear the words of the song with ear plugs and a fan running. So I called the office and the leasing lady said the manager is out till Mon who handles it and they would send out a letter for the whole building. Then I hung up but the music got louder so I called back and said how I don't feel it is fair I have to wait till Mon though she suggested I call the police even during the day. She said the leasing people don't handle this but I said why should I have to listen to music like this and why cant they just call instead of sending a letter that is going to take more time. So they said they would call the person. She said if they still play music then to call the police and follow up with the manager on Monday. So I have no idea if they called because I had to leave. When there was bags of trash in my carport the management said they would come and pick it up and send a note but a week later it was still there so I have no clue on their follow up of things. The leasing lady was very nice and felt bad
So will see what happens but I hope quiet.

Good for you!! keep calling them when these thing happen and call the police as well. When you talk to the manager on Monday ( and please do!) tell her what you were told by the office staff. Tell her you were told they dont' handle complaints when the manager is out of the office, that you're to call the police and see what they say about it.

And no, you shouldnt' have to sit in your unit and listen to music blasting like that. I'd be banging on their front door demanding they turn it down, but that's me and I'm a bit scrappy.

Get some gloves and look thru the trash to see if you can find out who's it is and then nicely return the bag to them with a note saying..."you left this in my carport, please take care of your own garbage" and then call the manager and give them the person info so they can contact them as well.

Apt living can suck, but not all apts are the same. We 've been here going on 5yrs now and other than some little noise issues that were handled right away, we've had no problems here. Our manager is awesome and really works hard to make this a family community, but also a community that is safe, quiet and clean. She has no problem throwing people out of here for noise complaints or other lease violations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 01:59 PM

624 posts, read 762,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlitosBala View Post
Don't think of it as a confrontation, just a friendly, neighborly request. Calmly explain that the door slamming keeps you up at night, and ask them to consider being gentle with it.

Originally Posted by DaniellaG
Not sure why a person goes in and out so many times in the middle of the night.

That is none of your business, and inquiring about it will make a friendly request cross the line into a confrontation.
I would say the constant coming and going at all hours of the night IS DaniellaG's business. I have the same issue in the duplex I have the misfortune of currently living in. My upstairs neighbor doesn't work, and has a constant parade of people in and out at all hours, not to mention all the other crap one must put up with when living around shiftless a-holes.

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure he is selling drugs. Not much I can do about it, except move when my lease is up. The landlady is worthless.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:24 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten Cat View Post
I would say the constant coming and going at all hours of the night IS DaniellaG's business. I have the same issue in the duplex I have the misfortune of currently living in. My upstairs neighbor doesn't work, and has a constant parade of people in and out at all hours, not to mention all the other crap one must put up with when living around shiftless a-holes.

Call me crazy, but I'm pretty sure he is selling drugs. Not much I can do about it, except move when my lease is up. The landlady is worthless.
I was just telling my mom I think my neighbors are drug dealers or something because there young and they don't seem to work and are up odd hours but there is no consistency either. They will be home during the day too. So much of apartment or condo living being a positive or negative experience is your neighbors. A bad neighbor just makes it a nightmare. Like you I am moving when my lease is up but I dread coming home.

Old 12-28-2013, 02:48 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I was just telling my mom I think my neighbors are drug dealers or something because there young and they don't seem to work and are up odd hours but there is no consistency either. They will be home during the day too. So much of apartment or condo living being a positive or negative experience is your neighbors. A bad neighbor just makes it a nightmare. Like you I am moving when my lease is up but I dread coming home.

Have you contacted the police or your landlord in regards to this noise yet? If not, why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting