Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 11:05 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
Does the community you live in have zoning? In my community, property zoned single family does not allow home businesses that generate more then 3 visitors per day. Check your community regulations.

At minimum talk to your landlord about the problem, explain that if it can't be corrected you will have to move.
THIS ^^^.

You need to check with the city codes office to see if commercial businesses are allowed to operate in residential homes/areas.

It may not be allowed, regardless of whether or not it was operating when you moved in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 11:30 AM

2,869 posts, read 4,451,010 times
Foam ear plugs, available at any drug store.

Jim B.

Toronto.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 6,318 times
from your responses i can see you either did not fully read my post or did not bother to understand it.

Either way, yes they do conduct buisness out side of buisness hours. the shops hours are 7am till 4pm and they occasionally get there around 6am thru 6:30am and bang around make a lot of noise as to wake me up. as well i said people are there at night an occasionally doing the same thing banging around making noise, this would be well after the 4pm close time. some times as late as 12:00am.

Perhaps i should have been more clear as well, my lease is over already 6 months was the time line. when i first moved in it was not operating for a few days. they were doing some minor renovating apparently while i was at work. So no i had no idea they were even an operating buisness and my land lord failed to mention that to me before i moved in, i did not ask how ever either.

I do plan to discuss it with my land lord. and frankly i do think it reasonable for them them to be expected to keep the noise down at the very least to install some noise canceling wall things i forget what they are there little cone shape things that studio's use. I sure didn't ask for them to run a business in a residential area. see below for Washington state noise ordinance.

Please re-read before you post, you folks have way to much anger and apparently didn't fully read or comprehend what i wrote at the beginning.

As well i posted what there Required to keep the noise level at 45 decibels during the hours of 10pm till 7am this is Washington state LAW 173-60-030. During other hours, 7am till 9:59pm there again by state law required As are all of you in Washington to not exceed 60 decibels. You all seem to have completely not read that part either.

As well COULD Does not mean people will do something, nor does it imply that its What i had intended, people get defensive, clearly. you can see that from your own posts.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
THIS ^^^. credit to CptnRn as well

You need to check with the city codes office to see if commercial businesses are allowed to operate in residential homes/areas.

It may not be allowed, regardless of whether or not it was operating when you moved in.
and thank you a reasonable adult suggestion i will look into this.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:18 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urieaal View Post
As well i posted what there Required to keep the noise level at 45 decibels during the hours of 10pm till 7am this is Washington state LAW 173-60-030. During other hours, 7am till 9:59pm there again by state law required As are all of you in Washington to not exceed 60 decibels. You all seem to have completely not read that part either.
Do you have any idea about statutory decibel levels? Even to bring that up as it applies to a barking dog is beyond ludicrous. Move.

Old 11-29-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Do you have any idea about statutory decibel levels? Even to bring that up as it applies to a barking dog is beyond ludicrous. Move.
75db is allowed for up to but not to exceed 1.5 minutes. one would surmise that 80 is statutory.

basic dog barking is considered 60 db's by the state. howling and such can reach up to 110 db's.

in fact heres a web site i googled really quick that has the loudest bark ever recorded by the Guinness book. http://dogcare.dailypuppy.com/decibe...-dog-3477.html

not in noise form its just written on the page.

Old 11-29-2013, 01:06 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
The noise ordinance is not your best weapon in this case. It would be if they had generators running or some other kind of equipment.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:17 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,012,378 times
I'd just politely ask if they can try to keep their dog's barking down in the morning because you work late nights and usually aren't in bed until past midnight.

I also would get earplugs and see if that helps you.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:25 PM

1,794 posts, read 4,913,566 times
I would move.
End of problem.
You rent, so why not just leave?
That is the beauty of renting, and trust
me, life is too short not to simplify your life
in any way you can.

Old 11-29-2013, 03:30 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beera View Post
I'd just politely ask if they can try to keep their dog's barking down in the morning because you work late nights and usually aren't in bed until past midnight.

I also would get earplugs and see if that helps you.

It's a dog grooming business; how do you suggest they keep the dogs quiet?

My groomer tries to schedule her clients in small batches to keep the noise and chaos down, but it doesn't always work out that way. There's always dogs barking, phones ringing, blow dryers going and people coming and going...it's not a quiet business. The OP should've rented next to an insurance office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting