Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 07:48 PM

2,845 posts, read 6,013,580 times

Advertisements

Well since you are online, look for a local homeless shelter I guess is all you can do.

Are you not working? You still haven't answered why you weren't able to pay rent. Were you relying on Bob all this time? What happened to him? Were you his gf and he dumped you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 07:50 PM

52 posts, read 155,491 times
I dont have a computer I'm using my phone. No "Bob" is just a friend but he has romantic feelings for me... I don't feel the same way so it's an awkward situation. I do have a job but dont make much

Old 01-05-2014, 07:55 PM

5,989 posts, read 6,781,844 times
You cannot be for real. You've got to be someone posting this as a joke. If not, you've got to leave now. Go to a homeless shelter. At least you won't have an eviction on your record. Don't you realize that the longer that you drag this out, the more likely the landlord is to go to small claims court to get your wages garnished? And you won't be able to rent an apartment for years, since you'll have an eviction on your record. Just save yourself the trouble and get out now.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:57 PM

Yeah I wish it was a joke but it's not, unfortunately. This is actually happening.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:58 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,926,647 times
Ask one of your friends if you can bunk with them for awhile. Then hit the want-ads - get a second job, save money and get a cheap apartment.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:09 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,166,407 times
Once you haven't responded to the 3 day Pay or Quit, the landlord can get a court date. Once the eviction goes through, and a money judgement is issued against you, the judgement will be on your credit record for years. I would not advise letting it get that bad. You need to talk to the landlord and offer to leave immediately and then pay them back what you owe them once you're paying your own way.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:20 PM

294 posts, read 542,738 times
Apply for foodstamps and give the landlord any money you have...it's only right...what do you need the money for if it isn't for paying rent/bills? I'm not judging I understand you're in a rough situation but honestly that's not their problem, you're their problem. I agree with finding a local shelter and finding another job..even if it's McDonalds it's a steady paycheck...work overtime and find a small studio for cheap, can't go on living like this gotta start being responsible at some point and honestly you're not that 'young' I was on my own at 16 worked 3 jobs had my own beater of a car and paid rent with a roommate...had to quit school so I could work more to be able to pay my rent/utilities/gas/food etc. sucks but I did it honestly and it feels good to do it the right way...stop now and turn your life around..no more excuses, I'm sorry about your parents but you have to put your big girl panties on and become a grown responsible woman who is respectable...you're heading down a long dark road continuing the way you are now..so no more poor me get out of their house go to a shelter and find any place that will hire you!!!!

Old 01-05-2014, 08:24 PM

Well "bob" did tell me I could stay at his house for a while but he wants me to pretend to be his girlfriend in front of his family(seriously) The other friend who might be a possibility lives in South Central and I'm a little white girl.... not sure what the ideal situation is for this bump in the road

Actually seeing this in writing is kind of putting this all in perspective. I shouldn't be whining about this and I do need to grow up... I just cant make it in a homeless shelter

Last edited by calabasasgirl; 01-05-2014 at 08:32 PM..

Old 01-05-2014, 08:27 PM

294 posts, read 542,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calabasasgirl View Post
Well "bob" did tell me I could stay at his house for a while but he wants me to pretend to be his girlfriend in front of his family(seriously) The other friend who might be a possibility lives in South Central and I'm a little white girl.... not sure what the ideal situation is for this bump in the road
Well 'Bob" might expect something in return for letting you stay there so if you're not okay with 'personal favors' then I'd advise to stick with a shelter...and honestly if you're not into 'Bob' then don't bother because you may end up sacrificing something you don't want to just to have a roof over your head...shelter it is

Old 01-05-2014, 08:27 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,144,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calabasasgirl View Post
So it sounds like you have 3 options at the moment:

1. Homeless/homeless shelter
2. Stay at Bob's house and pretend to be his GF (I'm assuming it is only "pretend")
3. Live in an area you are not comfortable in

What isn't an option is staying in your current place. That is going to end quickly. And depending on how you handle it not only will it end, but it will have far reaching implications in getting another rental. You should pick one of the options now. Meaning tonight. And then go with that option tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting