Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 08:40 AM

1 posts, read 3,891 times

Advertisements

I was living in a toxic mold infested home and now I have lost my health, my home, my belongings, my job, and soon I'll have nothing. I contacted the Housing Dept and notified them of the problem. They then notified my landlord to fix the problem, but he just ignored it. In retaliation to me, i was kicked out and illegally evicted from the home after my landlord took everything I owned and locked it up, renting the house to someone new. I was in the process of getting the place tested, but can't now because he used illegal tactics to prevent me from pressing charges. I have been living in motels, extremely ill, unable to work, nothing of mine has been recovered and it's all infested with mold anyways, all my clothes are infested, my cars infested and I can't even begin to figure out how to resolve this. I'll soon be out of money for hotel rooms, and who knows what I'll do... I guess that will be an indication that my time on this earth has come to an abrupt end, and I'd rather die than suffer this any longer. If anyone cares or knows how to get help, please do contact me! I've tried everything, and nobody cares or believes me because they can't see it. Including my family. So without any support, I'll be left to die this miserable death alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 08:57 AM

896 posts, read 1,139,845 times
I am very sorry to hear about what you are going through. What state are you in? What basis did the landlord have to kick you out?

Old 01-13-2014, 11:26 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Legal Aid.

Old 01-13-2014, 11:30 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
Sounds more like a mental health issue to me, talk to your doctor about all of this and see if you can get help.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:13 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
I smell a Troll!

Go to a DOCTOR get Tested & Treated if you are for real. Go to a Lawyer AFTER & SUE the LL

Old 01-15-2014, 12:23 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,659,938 times
Reminder... City-Data is not a forum offering Legal Advice.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 AM

66 posts, read 214,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldy Me View Post
I was living in a toxic mold infested home and now I have lost my health, my home, my belongings, my job, and soon I'll have nothing. I contacted the Housing Dept and notified them of the problem. They then notified my landlord to fix the problem, but he just ignored it. In retaliation to me, i was kicked out and illegally evicted from the home after my landlord took everything I owned and locked it up, renting the house to someone new. I was in the process of getting the place tested, but can't now because he used illegal tactics to prevent me from pressing charges. I have been living in motels, extremely ill, unable to work, nothing of mine has been recovered and it's all infested with mold anyways, all my clothes are infested, my cars infested and I can't even begin to figure out how to resolve this. I'll soon be out of money for hotel rooms, and who knows what I'll do... I guess that will be an indication that my time on this earth has come to an abrupt end, and I'd rather die than suffer this any longer. If anyone cares or knows how to get help, please do contact me! I've tried everything, and nobody cares or believes me because they can't see it. Including my family. So without any support, I'll be left to die this miserable death alone.
Every state has resources that can assist with housing if you are homeless, and getting temporary financial asssistant and even medical to go see a doctor. You should start by visiting the Department of Public welfare and see what assistance is available to you. You didn't say what state you are in though.

Old 08-24-2015, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,354 times
As someone who is going through mold toxicity caused by mold in my home I can assure you this is real. Do your homework

Last edited by Ultrarunner; 08-24-2015 at 04:15 PM..

Old 08-24-2015, 03:02 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,983,201 times
Open communication would have been a much better strategy than the fear-motivated call to the Housing Department. There is mold everywhere and unless specific tests were performed and came back positive, claiming you had toxic mold in your residence is alarmist.

The landlord in your story was angered by you and he reacted thus poorly... but let's call it the way it is... you were antagonistic and without considering repercussions you made an accusation to the Housing Authority as if the landlord was a bad person. Indeed, he may be just that, and you should have thus planned accordingly BEFORE you took antagonistic action.

All that stated, I'm sending good vibrations your way in hopes that you find another place, good health, a reliable source of income, and peace.

Old 08-24-2015, 05:06 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
This is over a year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting