Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 10:01 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,576,575 times

Advertisements

I live in a multi unit apartment building and every time it snows he always asks me "where are you going are you moving your truck"? I have a set parking spot with my apartment number on it and so do the 3 other tenants yet he never asks them to move their vehicles. Two of the tenants have 2nd vehicles that never move. This is the 4th time he asked me. He also asks me to move my truck so the ice can melt underneath of it but it does nothing the water refreezes every night. The two vehicles that don't move cause the water to run under my truck when it melts then refreezes at night.

I gave him an attitude this morning because it's annoying. I said how come out of all these vehicles here I'm constantly asked to move mind and ask me what I'm doing. Playing romper room moving my truck all over is annoying. I understand he is trying to clean the snow and plow but why only my vehicle?

So I got pissed and parked it at CVS blocks away and walked back home. I said there you go it's off the lot.

I totally understand the driveway needs to be cleaned from snow and I want done too I live there. I shovel a ton of it myself but why am I the issue?

No more then 2 years and I will be a happy home owner thank god. And it's not only this issue that sucks about renting their are a ton more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2014, 10:05 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,596,908 times
I'm just curious why you haven't politely asked him before now why your vehicle needs to be moved when apparently others stay where they are, instead of sitting on the annoyance to the point where you end up getting yourself all worked up and giving him "an attitude"? Don't understand.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:11 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,576,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
I'm just curious why you haven't politely asked him before now why your vehicle needs to be moved when apparently others stay where they are, instead of sitting on the annoyance to the point where you end up getting yourself all worked up and giving him "an attitude"? Don't understand.
I'm very polite to the guy all the time. When I'm outside cleaning my truck and he pulls in with his plow I ask him do you want me to park somewhere? I do a ton for my apartment without bothering him too.

Why should I have to ask anything about moving my vehicle? Why doesn't he tell me the reason when he asks me all the time?

Old 02-14-2014, 10:54 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,596,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Why should I have to ask anything about moving my vehicle? Why doesn't he tell me the reason when he asks me all the time?
Why should you have to ask? Because people aren't mind readers, maybe? You have a question, need clarification, just ask. But if you'd rather get so riled up by not asking then watch out for the heartburn which precedes the ulcers.

Old 02-14-2014, 11:01 AM

17,574 posts, read 46,078,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I said how come out of all these vehicles here I'm constantly asked to move mind and ask me what I'm doing.
And what was the response?

Old 02-21-2014, 11:13 AM

36 posts, read 70,440 times
Owning a house has its own problems. Like, the lack of mobility. I am about to move closer to work. It will shave off 5 hours off my commute a week. That's 5 hours of not driving and dealing with assh*les on the road. 5 hours of doing my own thing at home or whatever.

I get that owning a house has other intangible benefits. But, if you think you're going to get away from assh*le neighbors, think again. I've read about a similar thread to this in which a neighbor was dumping his snow into a neighbors drive way. After many heated arguments, the guy called the cops. The cops said it's not their problem, and to take it to a civil court. Assh*le neighbor is still dumping snow into the other driveway.

Old 02-21-2014, 12:14 PM

66 posts, read 149,265 times
Just recently becoming a homeowner myself, I have to say.. yeah, it's great over renting anyday! Maybe I just had some horrible experiences with landlords.
However, thats just my personal feelings. Some people are better off renting, a house is a big commitment. It takes a lot more $$ than renting. (Although we have shaved HALF the cost of our utility bills by moving into a house that is better insulated and we are the only ones using our water and not our landlords using water we pay for to water their garden which is in the yard of the house they are renting.. but anyway)
You are responsible for repairs, and like a PP pointed out there is no mobility. It's a 30 year commitment, or at least 10 or so years till you can sell and still come out on top. Your don't know your neighbors until you are IN and by then it's too late. But overall, I am glad we bought and are no longer renting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting