Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 04:51 AM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times

Advertisements

You said that he does sometimes park in the driveway, so he's not parking on the street to spy on you or to bug you in any way. It's not about you.

It's probably all about ease of driving away for the person who is in the driveway. Depending on conditions on that street, it's probably easier to pull out of the driveway if he's not on the left side of it.

It's illegal, btw, it's illegal for you to put your garbage can out in the street, so he's doing you a favor to move it back on the curb.

The only real answer is, of course: Speak to him about it. What else do you expect anyone to say to you? He's not doing anything illegal, and he can't read your mind.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:02 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,514,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortwaynebandit View Post
This.

OP, you do realize that you do not own the street in front of your dwelling,correct? Even if you bought the home, this would still remain the case. Anyone from anywhere on your block (or for that matter anywhere in your city unless you area has been granted exclusive resident only restrictions by your city) can park there for as long as they want, whenever they want.Since you don 't even own a vehicle your argument against this becomes even more invalid and you are in danger of becoming a "bad neighbor" with all of the problems that sobriquet engenders.

Either purchase a vehicle and park it there or simply move forward with your life. You have no legal recourse in this matter and if you make too much of a stink about this insignificant matter, you may find that your lease isn't renewed, rendering the entire matter,irrelevant.
yes I do, but obviously he thinks he owns it if he thinks he can move my property to park there. that's nice, I'm the "bad neighbor" because I'm annoyed by THE bad neighbor crossing the line and thinking he can walk all over me. I'M not the one that parks in front of other peoples houses so they have to listen to me slamming the door several times a day, waking them up. yep, I'm the bad neighbor cuz I sit here quietly, not making a peep. I guess I would be the world's best neighbor if I had 5 trucks, a weedwhacker, leafblower, lawnmower, and used them everyday, right? it's funny that my argument is invalid because I don't have a car. I guess people really do put their identity in their car.

ha, that's funny, I don't even have a lease, and I don't know what my landlord has to do with this...

Old 03-26-2014, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
It's probably all about ease of driving away for the person who is in the driveway. Depending on conditions on that street, it's probably easier to pull out of the driveway if he's not on the left side of it.

It's illegal, btw, it's illegal for you to put your garbage can out in the street, so he's doing you a favor to move it back on the curb.
he usually leaves first, so if he parked on the other side it wouldn't be an issue. the car in the driveway doesn't move much.

it's not illegal, I just put it in front of the curb, where it's picked up. other people leave theirs in the street when it's not garbage day, including them.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:10 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,654,415 times
You said he is a gross fat troll that lives with his mom and have a ugly girlfriend. So maybe that's the problem, would you feel different about things if this guy was a young stud like really attractive and well built and lived with a cute girlfriend.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:13 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post

ha, that's funny, I don't even have a lease, and I don't know what my landlord has to do with this...
Instead of approaching the situation calmly and maturely (nicely asking the neighbor if he could possibly park elsewhere - which isn't even your legal right) or, as another poster suggested, getting some curtains to ease your concerns about him looking into your place, you're resorting to illegal self-help in placing obstacles in the street. Keep messing around like and you may find your LL simply giving you a 30 day notice when both other residents and the town authorities start complaining to him. That's what your LL has to do with it.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:21 AM

well, of course! minus the girlfriend. lol. jk. I would still be annoyed by the noise. just like if some gross guy yelled "hey, baby" I would be grossed out, but if a cute guy did, not as much. lol.

yeah, that was mean and he's probably not looking at me. I guess I should just try not to let it bother me. I guess it's more the noise, not just him but all the other neighbors door slamming combined.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Instead of approaching the situation calmly and maturely (nicely asking the neighbor if he could possibly park elsewhere - which isn't even your legal right) or, as another poster suggested, getting some curtains to ease your concerns about him looking into your place, you're resorting to illegal self-help in placing obstacles in the street. Keep messing around like and you may find your LL simply giving you a 30 day notice when both other residents and the town authorities start complaining to him. That's what your LL has to do with it.
So, my landlord is going to evict me, after living there for 7 years, because someone who isn't paying him hundreds of dollars a month, complained to him that he couldn't park in front of my house? I don't think so.

As I mentioned, other neighbors, including them, have their garbage cans out on various non-pickup days. He can't prove I'm doing it to keep him from parking there, so he has no recourse. And I could have complained to my landlord when my other neighbors, who are related to him, parked in front of my house, in my driveway and in front of my driveway. In fact, I could have had their car towed, but I didn't. So he sure as hell is not going to do anything about some stranger.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:45 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
This is beyond ridiculous. The street is public property. You have no rights to the street in front of your house. Your neighbor has every right to park ANYWHERE on the street that is not reserved for handicapped or where the county/city posts a "no parking" sign. You seriously need to focus on something else.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:48 AM

360 posts, read 811,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegal View Post
yes I do, but obviously he thinks he owns it if he thinks he can move my property to park there. that's nice, I'm the "bad neighbor" because I'm annoyed by THE bad neighbor crossing the line and thinking he can walk all over me. I'M not the one that parks in front of other peoples houses so they have to listen to me slamming the door several times a day, waking them up. yep, I'm the bad neighbor cuz I sit here quietly, not making a peep. I guess I would be the world's best neighbor if I had 5 trucks, a weedwhacker, leafblower, lawnmower, and used them everyday, right? it's funny that my argument is invalid because I don't have a car. I guess people really do put their identity in their car.

Are you looking for a solution to your problem or simply validation for your line of thinking? It's probably illegal to place your trash cans in the street as another poster already mentioned. That means that YOU (not your neighbor) can be cited by the local authorities every time that this occurs, costing YOU (not your neighbor) money which the fact that you are renting clearly states that YOU can't afford.

You don't own the dwelling in which you are living; you are renting. If, as you say, you don't have a lease (which is very odd as how your landlord collects rent without a valid contract, which a lease is BTW, seems to be a bad deal for YOU) then you can be evicted at any time,especially if the neighbors starting calling him/her and complaining about you. The landlord may decide to take his/her chances on getting a less problematic tenant rather than face numerous calls and complaints from people with whom YOU (not him/her) are in conflict.

Anybody can park in front of the house.
Period.
You don't own the street and you don't have a car, so you really don't have a valid complaint.
Not certain how much clearer that anyone can make that to you.

Old 03-26-2014, 05:49 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,211,195 times
Street is public property. Nothing is stopping you from buying a beater car and parking it there.

Ohh and it would probably be a good idea to save a few bucks for retirement too, btw.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting