Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 11:00 PM

23 posts, read 169,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
To the OP, IF you're giving us a bag of BS then STOP!!

Otherwise, IF your story is legit then how the hell is she charging her phone with no power?? Does she have internet? HOW? WHERE does her money come from, to buy booze??
IF she's getting mail there then, Nicely forward it to her previous address!

The cops should be kept out of YOUR mess as much as possible, and RE read what I suggested above! ^^
GET her a$$ out of there ANY way you can!
Turns out the breaker was never flipped. I wasn't going to try and do it myself and get in even more trouble.

Oh and she's leaving Saturday, just in time to dodge the 3 day notice. Thank God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2014, 09:13 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
If it were me, I'd still involve the police and make her leave on YOUR terms, not hers. She's going to rob you blind and possibly worse.

Old 06-06-2014, 07:06 PM

Well got the place back earlier than expected. It is TRASHED. 3 week old pizza on the floor, puke everywhere, beer cans all over, multiple bed sheets were FUBARd, some poop stains on the carpet from the cat etc…etc…I took pictures of everything. It's pretty appalling and I haven't looked in the closet or bathroom yet.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:43 AM

16,711 posts, read 19,407,583 times
Good Lord what a mess.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:59 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,690,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomb1e View Post
Well got the place back earlier than expected. It is TRASHED. 3 week old pizza on the floor, puke everywhere, beer cans all over, multiple bed sheets were FUBARd, some poop stains on the carpet from the cat etc…etc…I took pictures of everything. It's pretty appalling and I haven't looked in the closet or bathroom yet.
It's really no surprise. Even though you think "she knows the law way too well" you are quite wrong. What she DOES know well is you and the likelihood that you won't pursue anything and get her into court. Do yourself a big favor, get yourself a decent attorney and go after her not only for every penny but for using your SS number to falsely obtain SNAP benefits. If she's done this to you, you can bet the bank that she'll do exactly the same to others. I also suggest that before you start cleaning up her mess you also ask your LL to come and look at the place so he can witness everything - and file a police report too.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:44 AM

TRO + criminal charges first, I'd rather focus on that. I COULD post detailed pictures, but I feel that could undermine my case.

I'll worry about civil lawsuits later, because I know she's filing bankruptcy soon, so doing a civil would be a waste of time. It's probably easier to file the payments onto a TRO once I tabulate the costs, instead of going the civil route.

Thanks to the 4th amendment I can safely say that I won't be seeing her again.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:35 PM

469 posts, read 398,516 times
What does the 4th amendment have to do with this? The 4th amendment protects citizens from unlawful search and seizure by the government.

Quote:
...easier to file the payments onto a TRO once I tabulate the costs, instead of going the civil route.
A TRO has nothing to do with getting damages. It just tells one person to stay away from another.

You could consider pursuing her for damages in small claims court. If you get a judgment, it may be protected against being dismissed in BK. Or, you could wait until after she files for BK and then take her to small claims court.

Last edited by Kgryfon; 06-07-2014 at 11:40 PM.. Reason: Edited to add

Old 06-08-2014, 11:51 AM

She has to be able to get served in order to sue!

And basically in a TRO, or at least in California you can order reimbursement for destroyed items. Not sure if it's protected from bankruptcy discharge though.

Oh and pretty sure the 4th amendment protects me from having to let her in my place. She got sent to the hospital for some reason…(not of my doing)

Old 06-09-2014, 06:24 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,210,341 times
Pick em better next time bro.....

Old 06-10-2014, 05:11 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
#1 get a home alarm system. Seriously, she is going to be back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting