Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 07:34 PM

269 posts, read 534,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniellaG View Post
I just don't understand why people can't follow simple rules that are in the lease or that are apartment rules. I am having issues with similar with neighbor not following rules. It just makes it so unpleasant for others. The major reason I am going to move when my lease is up is because of neighbors not be respectful of others that live near by and not following the rules. If more management would enforce rules they would keep the good tenants.
It's the new way. Nothing is their fault. Everyone else is to blame. To them, two wrongs make a right but the truth is, they are miserable and want to make everyone else more miserable which makes them feel better.

There are 2 sides to every story and we are not hearing the other side. Look at what OP posted.

In his first post, he/she says, to be as transparent as possible... Later he/she adds the story that he is being retaliated against due to him winning a larger apartment at same rate due to an error he claimed they made. What else is missing? I don't know or care but I will say this, he/she will not be there once lease is up. No one wants trouble. I'm a landlord and there is always some that like to complain about others. Calls and complaints about other tenants that are not substantiated. Calls to police that are not substantiated. Those tenants are asked to leave when their lease is up. Quiet enjoyment. No one likes to be hassled whether by LL or other tenants.

If he/she got a bigger apartment, why store stuff on patio? They were in same complex. Did they have the bike and storage cabinet on patio in old smaller apartment? There is more to the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 07:45 AM

1 posts, read 672 times
You are definitely violating the terms outlined in your lease agreement regarding your patio/balcony. I realize that you aren't second guessing that and that you're concern is that you received a threatening notice while others doing the same things and to a higher degree did not receive the same notice (or any notice at all). I completely understand that you feel singled out though. I am a property manager and I am very diligent when it comes to making sure that I am very fair across the board. I manage with a "black and white with no grey area" mentality. By choosing to manage in this way I am easily able to avoid situations like the one you're in. If I only send one patio notice you better believe that every single other patio is in compliance with their lease. Otherwise, I'm not sending one patio notice... I'm sending multiple patio notices! My advise to you is to choose your battles. This battle may not be worth choosing. Also, when the time comes for your lease to be up you should definitely consider moving elsewhere and not renewing your lease where you currently are living. You have a right to be treated fairly by all means and if you don't feel that you are being treated fairly then get out of there. You'll be happier in the long run just moving somewhere else instead of battling this in court for as long as the case would take to actually be complete. These kind of things end up tied up in court for years sometimes because they are non-emergent and don't take priority compared to some of the larger landlord tenant issues that go to court. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!! In the meantime I encourage you to just abide by the notice you were given so that you at least have a chance of enjoying the rest of your time at this apartment community

Old 04-24-2017, 08:04 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,730,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by propertymanagersrule View Post
You are definitely violating the terms outlined in your lease agreement regarding your patio/balcony. I realize that you aren't second guessing that and that you're concern is that you received a threatening notice while others doing the same things and to a higher degree did not receive the same notice (or any notice at all). I completely understand that you feel singled out though. I am a property manager and I am very diligent when it comes to making sure that I am very fair across the board. I manage with a "black and white with no grey area" mentality. By choosing to manage in this way I am easily able to avoid situations like the one you're in. If I only send one patio notice you better believe that every single other patio is in compliance with their lease. Otherwise, I'm not sending one patio notice... I'm sending multiple patio notices! My advise to you is to choose your battles. This battle may not be worth choosing. Also, when the time comes for your lease to be up you should definitely consider moving elsewhere and not renewing your lease where you currently are living. You have a right to be treated fairly by all means and if you don't feel that you are being treated fairly then get out of there. You'll be happier in the long run just moving somewhere else instead of battling this in court for as long as the case would take to actually be complete. These kind of things end up tied up in court for years sometimes because they are non-emergent and don't take priority compared to some of the larger landlord tenant issues that go to court. Good luck and I hope everything works out for you!! In the meantime I encourage you to just abide by the notice you were given so that you at least have a chance of enjoying the rest of your time at this apartment community
The OP hasn't logged on for 3 years. This is an old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting