Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 10:11 AM

575 posts, read 1,467,997 times

Advertisements

This isn't kids being kids. This is kids being disrespectful and a nuisance. I'm honestly surprised you haven't contacted the LL yet because if it had been me I would have called the moment it happened. I'm a parent and understand kids want to play and have fun. But their fun shouldn't come at the expense of others. I mean really, they could have at least stopped to make sure you were okay and to help you. And had they done that (with an apology) I probably wouldn't say anything to LL. But they didn't.

So yes, report them for sure. What if they had done this to a mother and her newborn baby or something along those lines? Obviously they aren't being aware of their surroundings and probably don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 02:02 PM

917 posts, read 1,382,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurabug View Post
This isn't kids being kids. This is kids being disrespectful and a nuisance. I'm honestly surprised you haven't contacted the LL yet because if it had been me I would have called the moment it happened. I'm a parent and understand kids want to play and have fun. But their fun shouldn't come at the expense of others. I mean really, they could have at least stopped to make sure you were okay and to help you. And had they done that (with an apology) I probably wouldn't say anything to LL. But they didn't.

So yes, report them for sure. What if they had done this to a mother and her newborn baby or something along those lines? Obviously they aren't being aware of their surroundings and probably don't care.
This happened after their normal hours. They were already gone for the day.I have my bill (my insurance paid for most of it, I just needed to pay for my office visit). Just didn’t want to seem like a grumpy old woman (im not old, im in my mid 20’s) complaining about kids. Plus, I wasnt sure if LL's get a lot of complaints about kids!

Old 07-16-2014, 02:20 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
I don't think it's grumpy at all. You had to get stitches! Personally I'd have chased their little asses down and dragged them back to their parents, but I'm a lot grumpier than most.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:09 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,107,009 times
Sometimes it is regrettable that it is illegal for an adult to strike a child. Even dragging them back to their parents could be prosecuted as assault on a minor.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:14 PM

9,283 posts, read 14,888,050 times
It's not the landlord's problem!

It's between you & the parents.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:30 PM

575 posts, read 1,467,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post

I disagree. If I were a LL, I would want to know about something like this so I could handle it appropriately. This isn't something that occurred in their private residence but rather in the parking lot. Not to mention, you never know how people will react these days. I know a lot of parent's who, when confronted, would deny their kids would ever do such a thing because they're angeeeellllssss

Old 07-16-2014, 03:35 PM

917 posts, read 1,382,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post

I don’t want to confront this mother or father (not sure of the father, Ive seen the kids with a few different men so I dont know). These kids are pests and all the mother does is sit outside smoke and talk on the phone totally ignoring what her kids are doing. I already got used to it but it’s still annoying lol

Old 07-17-2014, 08:19 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,471,890 times
I wouldn't talk directly to the parents either...just tell the landlord. FYI - if the kids are troublemakers (same for parents), there is a slight chance they try to "get back at you" for snitching. Such as damage your car when you aren't around.

I had a situation once where some teens in my neighborhood let their dog run loose and it came running up to me when I was walking my dog on a leash. It was trying to start a fight with my dog and I almost got hurt. I shouted to the kids to get their dog now. (they were playing basketball ignoring the situation). They began giving me dirty looks every time they saw me from that point forward. Two nights later my mailbox got bashed in with a baseball bat. I know it was them.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:27 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Two nights later my mailbox got bashed in with a baseball bat. I know it was them.
That happened to us too, except they did it to all the neighbors on the road. We re-set the mailbox with a large pole filled with concrete, deep into the earth surrounded by a five gallon bucket of concrete. The next time they did it, one of the boys broke his arm. It was great.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:47 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,669,000 times
^^^ My morning chuckle - finally. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting