Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 02:50 PM

4 posts, read 3,768 times

Advertisements

1 posts

hi i have lived in my apt for 2 months its in cortez co
since i have lived here i have had 8 inspections it seames like they want in my house every week and i have now been told they are comming again next week
this is the inspections reasons
3 bug inspections another one dew in 10 days
2 tax creidit inspections another one dew next week
1 fire inspection ( understandable )
3 inspections from landlord just because they want in
again i have only lived here 2 month and this is how many inspections i have had
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2014, 03:08 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
The majority of state landlord tenant laws (you'll find CO laws linked in the first "sticky" on this forum) mandate that LLs give at least 24 hours notice of entry to a rental unit unless in case of emergency.

No reason for exterminators to come in other than once a month max and with due notice.
Tax credit inspections? I'm totally confused on that one.
Fire inspection - an annual inspection at most.
Landlord? Three in two months? Ridiculous.

Your LL may be a proverbial slumlord under investigation by various agencies but this not your concern as a tenant. Your basic rights under state landlord tenant laws prevail.

Old 07-21-2014, 03:34 PM

575 posts, read 1,468,882 times
That's extremely excessive. My mother lived in a rental house for about two years that did government subsidized houses on some of the other units (houses) and even they only came every 3 months (and I thought that was a lot).

I'm fairly sure you can deny them entry unless they can provide proof that they are entering for a legit reason.

I have lived in places that did regular pest control. They only came once every two months and had no other reason to come more than that unless your unit or a neighbors had a pest problem.

For tax credits... why on Earth would they need to inspect your place for tax credit purposes?? It's not like the unit is going to magically sprout walls in a new place in the week since they last looked at it. The fire inspection is understandable but you shouldn't need to do that regularly. And THREE inspections just because the LL feels like it?? Sounds like you have a really nosy LL who wants to know everything and anything their tenants are doing

Old 07-21-2014, 07:16 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,121,197 times
I plan on once every 6 months on the average.

Old 07-21-2014, 07:34 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,283,517 times
That seems pretty excessive to me, too. We lived in one place that did inspections, annually, if I remember correctly. I cleaned the place top to bottom; everything sparkled. The guy came (agency), walked from the front to the back, came back to the living room, and sat down to chat with us for fifteen-twenty minutes. He said they basically inspected to make sure people weren't taking the fixtures out. We had never heard of anyone doing that, but it's apparently pretty common.

Old 07-22-2014, 09:48 AM

6,952 posts, read 22,686,569 times
this is beyond ridiculous. Have they stopped? Talk to your LL.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:32 AM

they have not stoped matter of fact i called the head office they said it was normal and that i would be put on list to be inspected more

Old 07-22-2014, 11:34 AM

they back the manager said i must have something to hide if i dont want them in here

Old 07-22-2014, 11:36 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momjjcks View Post
they have not stoped matter of fact i called the head office they said it was normal and that i would be put on list to be inspected more
Quote:
Originally Posted by momjjcks View Post
they back the manager said i must have something to hide if i dont want them in here
Is this subsidized housing?

Old 07-22-2014, 12:01 PM

yes it is
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting