Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2015, 01:19 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,055,526 times

Advertisements

So wait on popping the popcorn?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2015, 04:06 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Mine's popped and getting stale. I need an update, now!

Old 06-15-2015, 05:05 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Melissa McCarthy from Identity Thief
LOL....A great suggestion, but I'll bet cwaggy doesn't think this is comedic

Old 06-15-2015, 09:11 PM

2,492 posts, read 3,030,800 times
Game of thrones finale and this all in one week.

Old 06-16-2015, 12:26 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,394,296 times
OK, so she's OUT. She expected (delusional) that we'd drop our case. No way. Oh and she stole some stuff right off the walls - a pair of mirrors and a chrome shelving unit. We told her 48 hours and it's back or we make a police report - my attorney emailed her the pictures taken on move-out day and TA DAH - there's the stuff she originally even denied taking! UNREAL. Then she picked up the answers to her interrogatories ("Please submit any and all police reports made to the PD regarding the landlord's activities while he was residing at this address") [ans: I am unaware of any police reports made about me during my residence] and spent 20 minutes howling and hurling insults and invective at my attorney "What HAPPENED!! to YOU !?!?!" "Your slimy, cheating client owed me money, and I TOOK it!!!! I SPENT it ! " "Why are you AFTER ME !!?!?!?! I have NO MONEY !?!?!...WHY WOULD YOU take me TO COURT you are both BULLIES !!!??"

Oh, the topper is.............POPCORN PEOPLE !!!........... After declaring several times that her children have no father and that he is 'no longer with us' and on the rental application she wrote 'lost husband due to illness' ---- we found her husband to be very much alive and living in Maryland. She left him (allegedly) because he took ill and she could not be burdened by a sick husband and all that medical debt (gnom, gnom, how's the popcorn???) so she divorced him. Of course that's her story. Guaranteed the truth is about 180 from that: She wigged out and he dumped her. Yah lost to illness - yours you SICK sick SICK woman! Anyway, we did find him and it's tangential to the dispute but central to her character: Deceitful, lying and now, stealing. Had I not mentioned the missing items, no doubt they'd be gone forever. She makes no 'innocent' mistakes. Yet told my attorney just yesterday that her husband died of cancer yet today he's alive. She ditched him because he got sick and cost her a lot of money. Nice.

So we are taking her to court which infuriates her - I mean she is LIVID. She wants this to 'be over' and is indignant, inconvenienced and 'taken affront' to the fact we are not dropping our court case. She can't understand why we are so mean. Going to court is just such a DRAG, right?

I had to email all my service people (carpentry, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair) that she is out. They all refused to come to the property and I am glad we made amends - they all asked me "so how's the landlord thing working out?"

I told the appliance folks - who called her last week to inform her they would not be servicing the site anymore - to delete her # from their records and the southern-drawled lady (who apparently made the call ^) on the other end said "I'm fixin' to do just that...I am fixin' to do just that' and we both laughed. Hard to believe a call center staffer in Atlanta is also relieved that the psycho is gone!

Last edited by cwaggy; 06-16-2015 at 12:44 PM..

Old 06-16-2015, 12:51 PM

10,357 posts, read 7,988,269 times
Congrats, cwaggy! I'm happy to hear your long nightmare is nearly over. The upcoming court proceedings won't be nearly as stressful as the nonsense she was inflicting on you while she was still in your renal unit.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:16 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,690,021 times
Cheers to you and congratulations. Its been an entertaining thread to follow, but a nightmare situation.

Old 06-16-2015, 01:39 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,762,355 times
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit I'm surprised she actually moved. Of course she had to cause more drama before she moved. I can't wait to hear what happens in court. I hope the judge throws the book at her.

I'm so happy for you that she's gone. I will have a celebratory adult beverage tonight in your honor. I must admit that the selfish part of me will miss the entertainment value of the thread but again happy for you that she's out.

Are you going to re let the property or sell it? IMO this thread should be required reading for anyone who is thinking about becoming a landlord.

Old 06-16-2015, 04:53 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,238,344 times
Un-friggin-believeable. I truly thought it was 50/50 that she'd leave; I half expected an update that she petitioned the Gov of your state to let her stay.

She actually has to come back to return those items? Are you sure you want her back??

Since you are still suing her, does that mean you know where she has gone? Surely she hasnt snowed another poor innocent landlord to let her move in?

Wow....Im going outside to finish my evening chores, then Im coming back in and will read this thread in its entirety again. I wasnt sure there would be a happy ending to this. Congrats!

Old 06-17-2015, 07:07 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
So glad that she is physically out of your rental home. I am sure that is a relief.

I am glad that you are still pursuing her in court....No doubt others have given up. I think the court situation will be easy, she won't show and you'll win your judgment by default....That's my guess judging from her indignant attitude.

I sure hope that you'll keep posting blow by blow....this is a great thread because you have a great writing style, so colorful and full of details. Thanks for all the hard work.

I hope you get some respite from her drama and can get on with your life....Darn, bet that will feel good. Rooting for you@
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting