Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2016, 11:13 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Okay, but I always thought getting updates on a situation is being involved, that is just my opinion. ........
Lots of people are following this train wreck. Just because you aren't interested, doesn't mean no one is. And, by the way, if you are not interested, why are you reading the follow-ups? Are you involved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 01:37 PM

4,286 posts, read 4,761,312 times
Thanks for the update, I for one am interested in the continuing saga. I feel so badly for the landlord's son. If she is buying a house she will default on the mortgage and then it will be the bank's problem (assuming she's able to get a loan from a bank).

Old 09-21-2016, 01:57 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
Quote:
Okay, but I always thought getting updates on a situation is being involved, that is just my opinion.
I don't actually take the time out of my day or use the energy to follow anyone who is not a friend or family but whatever is right for you and others is right for you and others.
But you take the time out of your day to answer a thread about something that has nothing to do with a friend or family. Okay. Move along, nothing here for you to see.

Old 09-21-2016, 01:59 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,237,430 times
So I see this thread pop up again and I think, uh oh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwaggy View Post
So.....her most recent misadventure's fomenting Land Lord hell.....she was in housing court and she agreed to leave in early October. Post-judgement, she ramped up her harassment of the LLs, including accosting their young son on his way home from Middle School. The LLs went to District Court to get a restraining order, which was granted, and when it was served she went absolutely ballistic and began all sorts of shenanigans, sending emails threatening that she won't ever leave, etc, another complaint to the BOH, a call to the police chief, threatening to sue the town because they won't 'protect her' from the landlord for some imaginary reason..... so...back to housing court where the LLs asked for immediate execution of an eviction order. She piled up a bunch of lease and judgement violations but nothing to impress the judge as 'serious enough'. Since the harassment complaint is not a 'housing complaint' per se, the judge denied the execution, so she stays. Now this is someone you don't want to fire at and miss; she's now emboldened, pretty certain she can do and say anything without getting evicted. These people are going through absolute hell because this woman is sick, demented, twisted, reckless and relentless and a thief. All she needs to do legally is keep away from the young son of the LL - anything and everything else is possible. Apparently she is buying as house, which is hard to believe since her checkered employment history and crappy credit rating would seem to preclude her from getting a mortgage, but who knows. And of course, she blames her LLs for making her buy a house, since the rental market is full of rip-off artist LLS who gouge people on rent for substandard properties. All I can hope is that she is out of there in a couple of weeks and the young couple who renovated the sweet little house can move on and find someone who is suitable, not crazy or wicked, warped and unfit to join the community of humans. Horrific.
The bolded is what they should have asked for.

Amazing how this keeps happening over and over. And there is just no way she can be buying a property. If she keeps ducking paying rent, what makes anyone think she will pay a mortgage.

And the saga continues....

Old 09-21-2016, 02:08 PM

3,805 posts, read 6,356,020 times
Quote:
Okay, but I always thought getting updates on a situation is being involved, that is just my opinion.
I don't actually take the time out of my day or use the energy to follow anyone who is not a friend or family but whatever is right for you and others is right for you and others.
So when you watch or listen to the news are you "involved"? It's not a matter of right or wrong, it's a matter of interest. This thread has been fascinating on many levels and as other have said, we are interested in the updates.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:06 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
I love seeing the updates! This is stuff you couldn't write.

Old 09-21-2016, 04:48 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,334,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
So I see this thread pop up again and I think, uh oh....

The bolded is what they should have asked for.

Amazing how this keeps happening over and over. And there is just no way she can be buying a property. If she keeps ducking paying rent, what makes anyone think she will pay a mortgage.

And the saga continues....
Maybe she's been socking away all that unpaid rent for a down payment

Old 09-22-2016, 07:09 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Didn't you just do that? Just unfollow the thread. I, for one, am enjoying it.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:16 AM

8,674 posts, read 22,916,596 times
This is the ONLY thread I have a notification set to alert me with developments. I totally get why the OP is keeping his eyes open, and he's performing a public service and may be needed for future testimony. I won't go into a whole lot of detail, but I hired a nanny decades ago, only to receive a call from the police to tell me my 2 year old was fine, but something was wrong with the nanny (high as could be).

Fast forward 8 hours, the nanny was fired and dropped off at a motel 40 miles away. I made it my personal mission to call anyone looking for a live-in nanny (and she had major references), sharing our experience. I also called her references and suggested they update their knowledge of this person. I was determined to stop her, but had limited resources. She went 100 miles south and two children, an infant and a 2 year old were seriously injured in her care two years later. I only heard because of the investigation.

So, when trouble hits you where you live, there's something that kicks in, a desire to protect the wold from someone that can harm you and yours physically, mentally and financially. It's called human nature.

Old 09-22-2016, 08:20 AM

1,334 posts, read 1,674,332 times
^^^

Repped you and cwaggy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting