Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 05:19 PM

12 posts, read 14,910 times

Advertisements

Oh are you a financial and living advisor?? Can I make an appointment to speak with you? I have the size of vehicle I have because it's what I need and can afford.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 05:28 PM

12 posts, read 14,910 times
I find it funny how none of u can sympathize with this issue and instead of replying "get over it" or "its simple, you can't" you could say: unfortunately you can't claim a spot on the street, speak to ur neighbor, work out a deal or something with them" I did get that kind response from a police officer from the city o live in. Thanks to all for the helpfull rude n unnecessary comments.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:31 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,682,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonzismith1985 View Post
... you could say: unfortunately you can't claim a spot on the street, speak to ur neighbor, work out a deal or something with them"
I believe that's exactly what I suggested.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:16 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,254,326 times
Who drives the car that parks in your driveway?

Maybe that person should park on the street if you are the one coming home late at night with a baby so you can park in your driveway ?

Old 11-25-2014, 09:21 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,815,129 times
Can you not park in the garage since you come home late and with your kid?

Old 11-25-2014, 09:24 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,738,262 times
It's public property, yes it's inconvenient, but truly you need to let it go.

Old 11-25-2014, 09:44 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,487,749 times
Quote:
I don't have an attitude and I did not speak to them with an attitude, by the way... I don't understand why the acusation I thought I could have a civil conversation here...
Ah, but this is the renter's forum, where pretty much nobody is ever nice.

FWIW, I think it's rude of anyone to park in front of your house, if they have another option. It's an unwritten rule of good manners for neighbors.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:01 PM

575 posts, read 1,468,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Who drives the car that parks in your driveway?

Maybe that person should park on the street if you are the one coming home late at night with a baby so you can park in your driveway ?
This. Park the car that sits in the driveway on the street then use your driveway for the second car. Viola! Problem solved

Old 11-25-2014, 11:10 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,052,964 times
Quote:
I don't have an attitude and I did not speak to them with an attitude, by the way... I don't understand why the acusation I thought I could have a civil conversation here...
I too think that your posts come off with a whole lot of attitude and entitlement. Fact is you are not entitled to your claim on public property, the parking space in front of yours house. Deal with it.

You have a garage, you can't park in because you bought a car that is too large to fit. That was your choice, now your problem. With your garage and driveway you have two parking places that are completely yours. The fact that you choose to not use one of them is your choice, and your problem.

Old 11-26-2014, 06:36 AM

6,556 posts, read 8,386,233 times
Quote:
I never said I own the street, when I spoke to them they even said "these two spot in front of ur house should be one for u and one for me" so I said sure but why are they parking on the one in front of my house with the nose of their car in my driveway when the other spot is open? (They get home way before I do so they have parking choices, I don't) they r just bad neighbors and whoever says "u have no right blah blah" I know that stop repeating yourself, what I'm saying is after the insane amount of money I pay of property taxes I should be able to pay a monthly fee to have the ONE spot in front of my house reserved for me. Seriously in this country u own nothing eventhouh u pay pay and pay.
OP, you say there are two spots in front of your house? The second spot can't be that much farther from your door - maybe 10'?

Agree with others that the solution is that your spouse parks on the street, and you park in the driveway since you're coming home late and have the baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting