Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2014, 04:40 PM

12 posts, read 14,920 times

Advertisements

So I'm a home owner and I have a 1 car garage which only fits a small car in consequence o can't usr the garage. So I use my driveway for one of my cars and the street spot right in front of my house for my second car. My next door neighbors are renting the place and their place is right on the corner so they have no street space, more and more often they park their car in the spot right in front of my house having the spot behind completely open meaning they WANT to park in front of my house. I understand the street is public but I shouldn't have to park my car a block away from my house and I just see it as rude and disrespectful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 04:47 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,757,399 times
Get over it, its street parking. Anyone can park anywhere. If you're so adverse to parking away, let them use your garage you dont use.

Old 11-25-2014, 04:56 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Have you thought of politely asking them if they could leave that spot free? You have no right to the spot but if you're up to nicely discussing it with them you may be able to reach a compromise ...

Old 11-25-2014, 04:57 PM

It's very unconvinient when you have a baby on one arm and bags on the other and you have to walk a block to get to ur house. I'm only saying out of respect the spot in front of somebody's house should be a last choice if other spots are available more when it's being done on intentionally. In the 10 years I lived in this same street people never had a problem respecting that I'm just unlucky to have new rude neighbors.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:02 PM

I have and we had the conversation the day they moved in and everything was fine for the first 6 months they lived here then all of the sudden they start parking right in front of my house. When I spoke to them they kept saying they didn't want to park across the street because it's inconvinient. I get home super late and I have my son with me, the fastest I can get into my house the better for safety more than anything. I don't understand why THE ONE spot in front of somebody's house can't be claimed by the owner of that house... Even if o had to pay a monthly fee I would do it.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:02 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonzismith1985 View Post
I understand the street is public but I shouldn't have to park my car a block away from my house and I just see it as rude and disrespectful.
You don't own the street. And you have *two* cars. No one is being rude and disrespectful to you, you are claiming a right that you don't actually have.

Try negotiating with your neighbors, but if they pick up on your attitude that you somehow have a parking space coming, you're unlikely to get what you want.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:12 PM

I never said I own the street, when I spoke to them they even said "these two spot in front of ur house should be one for u and one for me" so I said sure but why are they parking on the one in front of my house with the nose of their car in my driveway when the other spot is open? (They get home way before I do so they have parking choices, I don't) they r just bad neighbors and whoever says "u have no right blah blah" I know that stop repeating yourself, what I'm saying is after the insane amount of money I pay of property taxes I should be able to pay a monthly fee to have the ONE spot in front of my house reserved for me. Seriously in this country u own nothing eventhouh u pay pay and pay.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:13 PM

I think it's pretty standard that in a household there is *two* vehicles...

Old 11-25-2014, 05:15 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonzismith1985 View Post
... what I'm saying is after the insane amount of money I pay of property taxes I should be able to pay a monthly fee to have the ONE spot in front of my house reserved for me.
Well you can't, it's that simple. Maybe you could trade in one of your oversized cars for a smaller one which will fit into your garage.

Old 11-25-2014, 05:17 PM

I don't have an attitude and I did not speak to them with an attitude, by the way... I don't understand why the acusation I thought I could have a civil conversation here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting