Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 11:05 AM

3,308 posts, read 4,559,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Again, you got off easy...very easy. There's no way you should've left 29 stains in that house. I don't care who lives there, what lives there or anything else....29 stains in beyond ridiculous.

We just left a unit after 5.5 yrs...we have 2 dogs and 1 cat and kids.....we got all, let me say that again, All of our deposit back. This unit had wall to wall beige carpet...not one stain was left behind...NOT ONE.

Well goodie for you, Kim in FL. I'm glad you got your deposit back. ALLLL of your deposit back. Let me go hang my head in shame because I left 29 stains, oh the horrible disgrace! I'm an awful, abominable renter and housekeeper! Praise God I only got charged $175.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:07 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,410,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
Well goodie for you, Kim in FL. I'm glad you got your deposit back. ALLLL of your deposit back. Let me go hang my head in shame because I left 29 stains, oh the horrible disgrace! I'm an awful, abominable renter and housekeeper! Praise God I only got charged $175.
That's all we wanted to hear.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:25 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,475,674 times
I have 2 cats and one of them throws up a couple times a week (I've tried everything and even the vet doesn't know what is causing it, as she is otherwise healthy). I've lived in my house for 11 years, and the carpet still looks brand new. I have a Bissel, and when the cat throws up, I treat it, and clean it up. No stains.

If a tenant has 29 stains on the carpet, that easily justifies replacing the carpet. The tenant gets the bill for whatever the prorated "lost life" of the carpet is. This is normal business for a landlord. So I agree you got off easy.

Old 12-22-2014, 01:41 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:

And you should...leaving 29 stains is just plain disgusting. I'm glad you're finally seeing the light.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:09 PM

292 posts, read 1,244,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
I have 2 cats and one of them throws up a couple times a week (I've tried everything and even the vet doesn't know what is causing it, as she is otherwise healthy). I've lived in my house for 11 years, and the carpet still looks brand new. I have a Bissel, and when the cat throws up, I treat it, and clean it up. No stains.
OT, but does your cat's vomit come in a "tube" shape? If so, it's because the cat is eating too fast. Try sticking a ball in the cat bowl for kitty to have to maneuver around.

Also (and I'm surprised your vet didn't mention this), cats throw up. It's part of being a cat. Unlike us, who vomit when we're sick, cats do it to rid their system of something that is stuck, be it a hairball or food or bird bones or whatever the cat has gotten into this week.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:15 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,696,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCoriander View Post
Also (and I'm surprised your vet didn't mention this), cats throw up. It's part of being a cat. Unlike us, who vomit when we're sick, cats do it to rid their system of something that is stuck, be it a hairball or food or bird bones or whatever the cat has gotten into this week.
Mine are inside/outside during the day (strict curfew at night) and deliberately go out and chew on grass so that then they can wander back inside (door is always open during the day) and dramatically heave up one stem surrounded by a copious mound of saliva - on the floor directly in my path. It's a conspiracy which I believe they find amusing. Fortunately I don't have carpeted floors ...

Old 12-22-2014, 02:29 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
You should be praising God. If it were my house you'd be paying for new wall-to-wall.

Old 12-22-2014, 04:08 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,559,613 times
Quote:
And you should...leaving 29 stains is just plain disgusting. I'm glad you're finally seeing the light.

Hahahaaaaa!

Old 12-22-2014, 08:41 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,500,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
That's all we wanted to hear.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
You should be praising God. If it were my house you'd be paying for new wall-to-wall.
What an interesting congregation that congregates here on the renter's forum, AKA the Land of Snarks.

Shall we all say an Amen to the Snark God, now?

Old 12-23-2014, 02:51 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
What an interesting congregation that congregates here on the renter's forum, AKA the Land of Snarks.

Shall we all say an Amen to the Snark God, now?

Yes, Queen of Snark...you should.

Do you have anything constructive or on topic to add this thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting