Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 07:59 PM

102,195 posts, read 107,842,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailwinders View Post
The apartment we live in has a thin flat wall shield, and I suspect its standard. Either way, he slams his bedroom door, that's right above mine, ten to twenty minutes into my sleep. He also slams the bathroom door when either me or the other tenant go in the bathroom. We've let it slide for months, and assumed he would tire himself out or go deaf.
How does he know when one of you goes into the bathroom?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 09:47 PM

3 posts, read 31,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
He is not violating the lease or any noise ordinance law and therefore can't be evicted. The OP however should receive a stern tongue lashing for wasting the tax dollars money on frivolous calls when clearly the complaints should be directed to the landlord.
The other tenant that shares the apartment with me filed a noise complaint yesterday. Today , after I got off work I was told that a crew from the apartments management told him personally it would be the last warning they would give him before they would get him out of the apartment.

The tenant that lives with me was also told that previous tenants have complained about him for slamming doors.

I'm just thankful that management was able to follow through with our complaint, and hopefully we will have peace in our living quarters.

I don't make frivolous complaints, and as tax payers we felt that our upstairs neighbor was incorrigible. We submitted a complaint against him, and yet he was slamming doors in the middle of the night. We called law enforcement so we could address our grievance.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:00 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,012,197 times
Quote:
The other tenant that shares the apartment with me filed a noise complaint yesterday. Today , after I got off work I was told that a crew from the apartments management told him personally it would be the last warning they would give him before they would get him out of the apartment.

The tenant that lives with me was also told that previous tenants have complained about him for slamming doors.

I'm just thankful that management was able to follow through with our complaint, and hopefully we will have peace in our living quarters.

I don't make frivolous complaints, and as tax payers we felt that our upstairs neighbor was incorrigible. We submitted a complaint against him, and yet he was slamming doors in the middle of the night. We called law enforcement so we could address our grievance.
It is a waste of tax dollars to call the police on a neighbor who slams his door.

Were you in danger? Were you in fear for you life? Was he threatening you? Was he holding a gun to your head? Was he trying to break into your unit? That would be a 'no', to all of those questions so you calling the police was frivolous and wasteful. I'm really shocked they showed up for something like that.

Thankful that they followed thru? They were giving you lip service. They have no intention of evicting this man because they know a judge wont' sign off on a 'door slamming' complaint. According to your roommate this behavior has been going on for quite awhile...if they were going to evict him over it they would've done so already. So dont' hold your breath waiting for the Sheriff to serve the eviction notice...it probably won't happen.

You can, however break your lease and move.

Old 12-22-2014, 05:10 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,686,254 times
Quote:
Today , after I got off work I was told that a crew from the apartments management told him personally it would be the last warning they would give him before they would get him out of the apartment.
That's good news and glad management was responsive. Enjoy a quiet holiday and hopefully a door-slamming-free New Year!

Old 07-26-2016, 07:44 PM

32,635 posts, read 47,995,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca_north View Post
........ Noise is physical, you know. When loud enough it can kill on its own, .........
Now I am going to spend the rest of the evening wondering how many people have been killed by the noise of a door slamming in an apartment next door to them. I wonder if I can google that. What an unfortunate death. Perhaps a call to the police claiming you are in fear for your life by the neighbor who is trying to kill you by slamming the door in his own apartment.

On the other hand, that might get you a free stay in the loony bin, so that would solve the problem of that particular neighbor. Although I've heard rumors that it isn't actually quiet in the loony bin.

Old 12-30-2016, 02:06 AM

89 posts, read 66,665 times
I know this is old but hell. I feel for you op I really do. Kim in FL and Oregonwoodsmoke are supporters of bad manners.... clearly. I see her troll every single loud neighbor topic in place as a supporter of their inconsiderate childlike behavior. She is probably or was probably at one point an inconsiderate ill-mannered neighbor once and so feels conviction to defend them at any opportunistic moment she can. You have legitimate concerns to be sure. I have the issue as well, I can have earplugs in with my desk fan on laying in the opposite end of my apt and still hear my neighbor slam their door. It is soo hard it vibrates my window pane making it click a couple times.... sad. Apparently the b**** is just a child in a adults body like your neighbor is.

Thinking of rigging their door in some way.

Kim may reply with some noise condoning rubbish soon like the "dingbat" she is LOL!

Can't wait as she seems to have pre-typed copy paste posts just for these topics LMAO!

No slamming your door every 10 minutes is never necessary unless your neighbor is a on call emergency medical technician for the apartment complex and he/she has to rush and save a life every 10 minute..... uhhh ain't the case though.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:52 AM

544 posts, read 1,237,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transgirl88 View Post
I know this is old but hell. I feel for you op I really do. Kim in FL and Oregonwoodsmoke are supporters of bad manners.... clearly. I see her troll every single loud neighbor topic in place as a supporter of their inconsiderate childlike behavior. She is probably or was probably at one point an inconsiderate ill-mannered neighbor once and so feels conviction to defend them at any opportunistic moment she can. You have legitimate concerns to be sure. I have the issue as well, I can have earplugs in with my desk fan on laying in the opposite end of my apt and still hear my neighbor slam their door. It is soo hard it vibrates my window pane making it click a couple times.... sad. Apparently the b**** is just a child in a adults body like your neighbor is.

Kim may reply with some noise condoning rubbish soon like the "dingbat" she is LOL!

Can't wait as she seems to have pre-typed copy paste posts just for these topics LMAO!

No slamming your door every 10 minutes is never necessary unless your neighbor is a on call emergency medical technician for the apartment complex and he/she has to rush and save a life every 10 minute..... uhhh ain't the case though.
This 👍🏽

Old 12-30-2016, 03:54 PM

89 posts, read 66,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettybaby80 View Post
This 👍🏽
Thanks, I mean I swear neighbors like this are pure torture. I have a job and have to work graveyards(not by choice I'm not my own boss sadly) and they don't work but instead get ssi etc and have the loudest drug dealing, party animal come and go lives the world has ever known.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I mean I swear neighbors like this are pure torture. I have a job and have to work graveyards(not by choice I'm not my own boss sadly) and they don't work but instead get ssi etc and have the loudest drug dealing, party animal come and go lives the world has ever known.
You choose to work graveyard and you choose to live in the ghetto that attracts these kinds of people. Make better choice, live in nicer places and you won't have the issues you're having.

Old 01-02-2017, 05:33 AM

Quote:

Troll? Dingbat? Nice..really nice :roll eyes:

Just because you don't agree with what I say makes it wrong. Is it annoying to hear a slamming door? I'm sure it is, but there's nothing you can do about it. Nothing at all..and to suggest they rig it?? That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting