Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 01:55 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
Even if they are making these noises past 10pm ? I mean **** has this world turned into idiotic parenting now ? I'm pretty sure there are some kind of rules that all tenants must obide by.
Many leases contain a clause noting nighttime "quiet hours" where tenants can face eviction if excessive noise from their units continually disturbs other residents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 06:01 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaMia411 View Post
Sure does , there's a difference between children playing and when your making my light fixtures rattle. There are places outside of an apartment that children can play and do those things.

No, it doesn't. It covers wild parties, boom and blasting music, fighting, booming and blasting tv and other nuisance noises. Children playing is not considered nuisance noise unless you can prove they are playing Dance Party USA at 2300 and keeping you awake. That you can complain about...that noise is covered under your lease and possibly under you local noise ordinance.

Your light fixtures rattle because you live in a wood frame building that is poorly insulated.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:51 AM

14 posts, read 37,296 times
So would It be fair if I played my electronic drum kit everytime the kids got out of hand? why should I have to stop my passion and hobby while these people are free to make whatever noise they want? The one time I did play it, they immediately stomped & complained. I think I'm just going to play e-drums everytime it gets really loud, because I should atleast have that right. Its only fair

Old 01-09-2015, 12:30 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What would you like the parents to do?

well for starters, if you have children and live above some else, you need to set rules for the kids, this is a no brainer.

no jumping on the floors, especially no jumping from the furniture to the floor. I mean this is all common sense, no ball playing in the apartment , I shouldn't have to give specifics, right?

You teach the children that you don't live in a private house, and there are other people living here.....and you cannot make excessive noises at any time, it simply isn't fair, considerate or right.

nothing is worse than a stupid, inconsiderate parent that says, "well what do you want me to do?"

Old 01-09-2015, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goobystop View Post
So would It be fair if I played my electronic drum kit everytime the kids got out of hand?
No and you could eventually be evicted for that as it's not normal living noise.

Old 01-09-2015, 01:30 PM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
So would It be fair if I played my electronic drum kit everytime the kids got out of hand? why should I have to stop my passion and hobby while these people are free to make whatever noise they want? The one time I did play it, they immediately stomped & complained. I think I'm just going to play e-drums everytime it gets really loud, because I should atleast have that right. Its only fair
If you want to get evicted for disturbing your neighbors, go right and ahead and bang on your drums all night.

You're confusing daily living noise and nuisance noise..there's a huge difference and once you learn the difference and accept the difference life will be much easier.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:06 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times
Quote:
Then its true that children are truly the worst possible thing to live under, I'll keep that in mind in the future. I could deal with anything else, this isn't my first time being in an apartment. But having a child = make as much noise as they want with zero repercussions. Sad world we live in.
Yup.

Been their done that. The best you can do is eliminate the possibility by renting top floor apartments.

There really isn't much you can do unless they are understanding of others around them.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:34 PM

1,330 posts, read 1,538,745 times
My suggestion is to "embrace" the noise. Acknowledge in yourself that it is what it is RIGHT NOW. For whatever reason (falling out between you all, etc) those kids are going to continue their continual noise-a-thon. Be grateful that you have learned something from this. Now you know to either get a garden-style 1 story apartment or rent an upstairs apartment (or a house in the future!! yay)

Revel in the comfort that you will soon be outta there - see ya!! You can look at sites to get inspiration on how you're going to decorate your next apartment, etc to keep you going. Get some noise canceling in ear headphones....try mynoise dot net, they have an awesome coffee shop noise that, running in the background, is very soothing (I listen to it while at work).

I'm not advocating "bowing down and letting them win", i'm only suggesting things to get into the solution. If you go confront them, they will know that they "got to you" and will not stop (or even increase) the noise and stomping.

Drink some tea, put your headphones on and chill. It's only temporary, thank goodness you're getting out of there! Good luck

Melissa

Old 01-09-2015, 03:35 PM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
What would you like the parents to do?
Control their kids and teach them to be considerate to neighbors, who are also paying rent and have rights. Don't live in an apartment if you can't keep the peace and make it unlivable for others. Everybody has their right of enjoyment.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:33 PM

This isn't the parenting forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting