Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 10:28 PM
psx psx started this thread

39 posts, read 65,707 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I need your advice. I live in an apartment complex and the dogs are welcome. I'm also a dog owner. The problem is that tenants don't clean after their dogs and the area in front of my apartment is seriously unacceptable. I contact the manager several times and the only thing they did so far is sending a letter (a very kind one). Obviously, no one took it seriously, they keep letting the dog's poop in the ground. My apartment is the only one facing this area . At this point I think it'a major source of bacteria and I must take legal action because no one seems to care. Have in mind that I'm paying $1900 for a 850 sq ft facing the "dog poop area" . When we signed the contract no one mention that our apartment facing the "pet station". And it's ground floor do you think I should take it legally?

Here is one of the photos I took this morning, after 2 weeks of complaining non stop to the manager.
Attached Thumbnails
Need advice (dog's poop everywhere, manager doesn't care)-image.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2015, 10:36 PM

More pictures
Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-16-2015, 10:37 PM

684 posts, read 807,070 times
Have you showed the management this picture? Or maybe find out the actual company that owns the complex and bring the attention to them in a higher authority ? It seems as if the complex would be breaching their own lease agreement as you are now put into a health hazard area pretty much.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:37 PM

One more
Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-16-2015, 10:40 PM

I have shown the pictures and they said they will clean it up. It was even worse a couple of weeks ago. I'm so frustrated, I'm 6 months pregnant and refuse to live right next to a waste area, but I don't know how to handle the situation.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:47 PM

684 posts, read 807,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psx View Post
I have shown the pictures and they said they will clean it up. It was even worse a couple of weeks ago. I'm so frustrated, I'm 6 months pregnant and refuse to live right next to a waste area, but I don't know how to handle the situation.
Keep taking pictures and record all the times you make a complaint to the office about it. I would even date all your pictures too. Maybe they can relocate you in another unit. Hope it works out for you

Old 02-16-2015, 10:51 PM

I'll do that, thanks for the advice. It's always soooo annoying when they break the rules and still you are the one who's gonna be affected. Moving at this point it's really hard for me

Old 02-17-2015, 04:51 AM

2,694 posts, read 3,320,470 times
It probably won't do any good, but how about one of those "NO POOP" cut out signs I see in some yards...........might guilt people into keeping their pups at bay, and let them poop on somebody else area. Is it like this in the warmer weather ??....some folks won't walk into the snow to pick up. Can always use a shovel to scoop and toss...but where ?....and it's not your responsibility

Old 02-17-2015, 05:15 AM

1,235 posts, read 1,759,906 times
Dogs are like large rodents...big time pests. I am convinced large cities would be better off without ANY dogs. One trip to Paris and you'll see how disgusting it is to have dogs in large numbers in urban areas. Yes, the human owners are at fault but since they are too selfish to control or curb their dogs in the proper way I say get rid of them (the dogs that is).

Old 02-17-2015, 06:41 AM

1,063 posts, read 1,353,253 times
Rather than take pictures of the poop after, why not try to get a picture or two of the people who walk their dogs back there all the time? Show the manager who it is. It's probably only a couple people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting