Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 01:59 PM

13,914 posts, read 39,155,306 times

Advertisements

My Lease up on Sept 1 says LL responsible for Trash. Now they saying ONLY normal trash Not Furniture! So what people suppose to do IF things break down? Use to be we put it behind the dumpster & the LL would call some one to haul it away! GreyStar says NO

Today They came in & changed the filters in the Heat/a-c units informed me they be doing this Monthly!! The old maintaince folks did this 2 times a Year! Graystar put in Real Cheap filters! Guy said they were 15 Cent filters need changed Monthly!The other used $3 filters that last 6 Months! To me they just being Nosey !!

Old 05-06-2015, 03:04 PM

15,546 posts, read 11,947,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
My Lease up on Sept 1 says LL responsible for Trash. Now they saying ONLY normal trash Not Furniture! So what people suppose to do IF things break down? Use to be we put it behind the dumpster & the LL would call some one to haul it away! GreyStar says NO
I don't think I've ever lived in an apartment where the LL would pay for a tenants furniture to be hauled away. Although where we live now, the trash company does bulk pick up a few times a year and where my sister lives the city does bulk pick up once a year. Does your furniture break often that you are constantly throwing stuff away?

If the furniture is still usable, there are places you can call to come pick up furniture you want to donate. Or even advertise it for a low cost (or free) on Craigslist and have someone pick it up. But if it is something that is completely trashed, you can try setting it outside for a day or two and see if someone takes it. Otherwise you'll have to find someone (see if your trash company will) to haul it away for you. But again, how often is this happening and is really that big of a deal?

Old 05-06-2015, 03:15 PM

Every where I rented has taken care of old furniture even useable. IF the neighbors didn't beat the guy that comes for it 1st. Most time people move & set stuff out they don't want. When we had the bedbug the people that had the bugs wrapped the stuff up posted BedBug on it til they hauled it away. There was no special time the guy came they mostly called if they had to have big stuff hauled Stoves broke dishwasher refrige etc then he get the rest . Or I say some thing like getting to be a Lot out there! Mind you I live 10 feet Behind the dumpster so I have a GREAT View! They put the stuff Behind the dumpster & the fence so just driving by no one can see it but me. A lot of people Don't even have a car or like me cant move big stuff. Yes over the 7 yrs we lived here I had to replace stuff. The guy next to me been here 20 years now handicapt cant drive. His aides have put stuff out I could go on but I think u get the idea.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:28 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,519,535 times
Wow, furniture and big stuff hauled away FREE? I've never lived anywhere where that's been the case. You've been spoiled! You'll get used to the changes. As management gets to know you better they may just give you the filters so you can change them yourself - it's just a transitioning process.

Old 05-06-2015, 03:31 PM

I have changed them before price of ownership! But WHY are they going to Cheep Filters? & they removed the old filter today that only been in 6 weeks! Not like they had to change to cheepo filters for 4-5 month..

Old 05-06-2015, 04:28 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,738,420 times
Filters really should be changed monthly.

Old 05-06-2015, 04:48 PM

6,520 posts, read 8,321,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezfreak View Post
Filters really should be changed monthly.
I agree. For more efficiency, expensive or cheap, filters should be changed monthly.

As for furniture disposal, this is the first I've heard of the LL footing the bill for disposal of tenant's furniture.

Old 05-06-2015, 05:44 PM

10,746 posts, read 25,916,733 times
I think you're over-reacting.

If you need a piece of junk furniture moved you call someone to come and move it. That's what normal folks do...or they rent a truck and move it themselves. They made this rule so your place doesn't look like a dump..be thankful they care enough to do that.

The same for the filters....be thankful they're willing to come and do that monthly. You'd be surprised how many don't change their filters. I use 3m filters that are good for up to 3 mths...I change mine every 8 weeks because I have pets and burn candles.

Old 05-06-2015, 07:58 PM

3M is what was used in the past. But even after being in for 6 months they were hardly dirty. I asked the guy that did maintance when we 1st moved here, about changing them more often cause of Katie [corgis are heavy shedders!] At that time only service animals were allowed Katie was the only dog. Anyway he showed me how to check it...which I did for the 1st couple years monthly. Even when he changed it after 6 months it was fairly clean. So I stopped checking. Until today... it didn't have 1 dog hair on it! They just tossed it. ugh

And if they want to make the place Look better they can Move the Dumpster! Who wants to pay $800+ a month for an apt with a Dumpster 10 ft from the front door! That's what it was rented for until I moved in! & why even have a dumpster in Front where the 1st thing people see is the dumpster!

Old 05-06-2015, 08:23 PM

147 posts, read 211,958 times
Because then you don't have a garbage truck trundling through the complex, if it's even able to get in and get out safely.
And you're the one that rented the apartment 10 feet from the dumpster.

You are seriously overreacting to this entire thing. Using cheap filters and changing them more often is more effective, and therefore more cost effective, than using expensive ones and changing them less often.

Seriously. Overreacting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting