Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 02:58 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower--girl View Post
Why don't you sit down with the drunk and have a friendly conversation with him? :gasp: And maybe even a beer!!!!!
Buy a six pack a week go down offer him a beer for your mail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2015, 03:37 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
I am still stuck on that your laptop won't upload photos. Why not again? And libraries usually have free internet...how about those?

Laptop won't download photos. No scanner or digital camera to make my own photos.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:45 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,820,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Laptop won't download photos. No scanner or digital camera to make my own photos.

Get on craigslist and get a cheap digital camera. It doesn't have to be high quality. I just looked and it's about $25 for used ones that would be fine for pictures. And look for one that comes with an USB charging cord. Start selling stuff!

Old 05-14-2015, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowersinthegarden View Post
How big is your storage room? I rented one for $55/month that was 10x10.

Is the items in the storage unit of high or sentimental value? If you could tally it all up, how much would it cost to replace? Because $2400/year can buy you a lot of furniture and knick knacks. Or even move you to a more affordable area. And unless the items are appreciating in value every year, you're losing more money to potential rodents making a nest in the couch, corner chewing books, excrement damaging wood finish, etc.

Can you sell one or two things on Craigslist from the storage unit so you can afford the PO Box?

Oh gosh, my storage unit is 10 x 15. I have a lot of SMALL stuff I intend to sell online, but the drunk complicates everything I try to do in this house.

As it is, to sell now, I have to fetch items from storage, take them to a friend for listing photos, use his laptop to post the listings, then take the items home. This means I am dependent on his schedule, and my selling volume is at a trickle.

Most of my items ARE appreciating, these are vintage items and hard to find locally, which is why people seek them out online.

Actually I did get some rodent damage when my items were here, but in the storage unit they have been quite safe. We often get a mouse or two in the house in the fall when it starts to get cold.

Old 05-14-2015, 04:19 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,292,628 times
Go on FaceBook put them on sale at Local on Line Sales site DONT meet them at the house meet the nearby!

Old 05-15-2015, 02:29 AM

422 posts, read 574,758 times
Freemkt how old are you? You said you've got a medical issue, but can you do manual labor? If so, I could put you in touch with a job that can pay you as much in a week as you make in a month now. I am trying to help out. I know you're a good guy, just waiting for your big break.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:51 AM

50 posts, read 65,875 times
Quote:
My PO locks up at 5:30 weekdays, 4:00 Saturday.

NO PO box access.
The other posters are right about the PO boxes being open. Those hours listed on the door are for the post office service counters. The PO boxes themselves are accessible 24/7. I've rented boxes from 3 different post offices in 3 different states and they have always been this way. If you don't believe me, either ask the clerks the next time you are there during business hours or stop by after hours and try the door.

I know money is tight for you, but if you are missing bills, those late charges add up. Depending on where you live, the smallest po box can be as cheap as $4 a month. Takes only a second to look up what is available and the prices in your area at the below link

https://poboxes.usps.com/poboxonline...landingPage.do

Old 05-15-2015, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvrsummer View Post
The other posters are right about the PO boxes being open. Those hours listed on the door are for the post office service counters. The PO boxes themselves are accessible 24/7. I've rented boxes from 3 different post offices in 3 different states and they have always been this way. If you don't believe me, either ask the clerks the next time you are there during business hours or stop by after hours and try the door.

I know money is tight for you, but if you are missing bills, those late charges add up. Depending on where you live, the smallest po box can be as cheap as $4 a month. Takes only a second to look up what is available and the prices in your area at the below link

https://poboxes.usps.com/poboxonline...landingPage.do

"PO Box Lobby Hours" refers to the PO box area, not to the retail counter area which has shorter hours.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:10 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,820,370 times
Quote:
"PO Box Lobby Hours" refers to the PO box area, not to the retail counter area which has shorter hours.
I told my mom the same thing when she complained about the long lines to mail a package during the day. I told her to use the mail machines after hours as they are open 24 hours here along with the PO boxes. Sure enough, her post office does close up the entire building after a certain time. So in some places there aren't any 24 hours service. The postmaster told her due to the high crime/homeless people, they had to close up.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:37 PM

50 posts, read 65,875 times
Quote:
I stand corrected. How do you ship out your ebay items that are sold? Do you ship by USPS and take it to the post office during business hours?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting