Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2015, 11:43 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,820,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
I think of it the other way - drunks understand nobody, everything is All About Them.
Yes sir! And you are completely helpless against that, I understand. Completely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2015, 11:46 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:
Landlords generally require tenants to acquire their approval of all subtenants.

Not all do and they aren't legally obligated to either.

Old 06-06-2015, 11:47 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
You might as well give it up, he clearly has. He wants to wallow in his misery and choosing to blame the everything and everyone else for his misery. It's clearly not his rock bottom yet. He will get there and hopefully it will motivate him. But right now, it ain't happening. Right now this is just igniting his indignation and him feeling like no one understands. Kind of like co dependency.

No truer words have ever been in regards to this topic. My hat off to you!!

Old 06-06-2015, 12:04 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Yes sir! And you are completely helpless against that, I understand. Completely.

Actually that's usually how it works with people who were raised by alcoholics. You should do some research.

Old 06-06-2015, 03:37 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,820,370 times
Quote:
Actually that's usually how it works with people who were raised by alcoholics. You should do some research.
I wasn't going to respond further but you couldn't be more wrong. Try alcoholics and drug addicts and then you will get a small glimpse of my childhood and in my family still. Despite that I manage to make different choices. You aren't there yet as evidenced by your many posts. And I truly hope you do make better choices before it's too late.

Old 06-06-2015, 10:38 PM

1,359 posts, read 1,806,562 times
My income situation is crap right now too and I'm completely miserable where I am, but I'm trying to find ways out of it - not spending my time whining about it on a forum. There are very few situations that are impossible to get out of if you really want that to happen. Stop making excuses and spending your time responding to these threads and spend it working on finding a way out of your situation.

Old 06-07-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I wasn't going to respond further but you couldn't be more wrong. Try alcoholics and drug addicts and then you will get a small glimpse of my childhood and in my family still. Despite that I manage to make different choices. You aren't there yet as evidenced by your many posts. And I truly hope you do make better choices before it's too late.

I was born to drug addicts and handed off to alcoholics.

How to make better choices on poverty-level income? If you HAVE to move out of one house (due to foreclosure) and your available resources afford you only one sustainable move-in option, what do you do? Sleep in doorways? How was I supposed to know at move-in that the laid-off construction worker - and construction was in fact quite dead locally at the time due to financing constraints - would get into toxic relationships with women, become a volatile raging drunk, and never ever work another day in his life?

I find that my housing decisions are charmed when I have money. When I'm broke, are my housing decisions bad or is it because all my available housing options suck?

Old 06-07-2015, 02:12 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,297,259 times
The Stop looking in your area. Since You say there is nothing there for you. You have a steady income that there is more important than some job that may be here today & gone tomarrow. There are Lots of Apts that go by your income. Maybe not in your area but they are out there. And I know SS Will allow folks to work not much but it would get you out of the house PT & you can save towards the move. Its called Ticket to Work ...they will even train you & Contact your local State Rehab.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:35 PM

422 posts, read 574,758 times
Quote:
I find that my housing decisions are charmed when I have money. When I'm broke, are my housing decisions bad or is it because all my available housing options suck?
You really have given up. If you could make 3k a month, find somewhere to go like a cheap motel. Make 9k in 3 months then start over. Be a man! You're too smart to be this apathetic and blaming everyone. No one will do it for you, can't you comprehend that?

Old 06-08-2015, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybarnaby View Post
You really have given up. If you could make 3k a month, find somewhere to go like a cheap motel. Make 9k in 3 months then start over. Be a man! You're too smart to be this apathetic and blaming everyone. No one will do it for you, can't you comprehend that?

No matter how I slice it, I have a starting cash deficit.

Because my good laptop now has a video issue, I can't post photos to a website (eBay) which means I'll never make much money until that issue is resolved. Can't do much of anything with that laptop with a screen I can't read.

Lack of funds makes everything I try to do hard or impossible.,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting