Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2015, 10:33 AM

6 posts, read 3,533 times

Advertisements

This is really bad as I type this, I am currently academically suspended from the University for having a 1.92 GPA. I already signed a new lease into a 1 bed room apartment in March thinking I would be back in the fall but I was wrong. Since I am not taking classes in the University right now, I am in my hometown in my mom's house for the summer. In this case, probably longer cause I'm going to a community college to improve my GPA. How do I break a lease early? I haven't moved all of my stuff in. How does it work, this is my first time doing stuff like this. This sucks as I type this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2015, 10:39 AM

4,286 posts, read 4,760,161 times
Read the lease, what does it say about early termination? Once you figure that out talk to the landlord.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:47 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Read the lease. Generally there is an early termination clause. You may have to pay a fine to break the lease and look for a tenant to take over the lease.

Check the top of this forum for the *sticky* thread that has your state laws

Old 06-26-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan123 View Post
Read the lease, what does it say about early termination? Once you figure that out talk to the landlord.
I don't have the lease with me. The landlord has it. btw, I live 1.5 hours away from the town where the University is.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Read the lease. Generally there is an early termination clause. You may have to pay a fine to break the lease and look for a tenant to take over the lease.

Check the top of this forum for the *sticky* thread that has your state laws
sweet thanks.

Old 06-26-2015, 10:55 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Forget the lease....people are human and have hearts...talk to the landlord...
have faith he will let you out...we know that renters sometimes have
extenuating circumstances and they need breaks...
then, pay it forward, help someone else.
Good luck, Blackie

Old 06-26-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Forget the lease....people are human and have hearts...talk to the landlord...
have faith he will let you out...we know that renters sometimes have
extenuating circumstances and they need breaks...
then, pay it forward, help someone else.
Good luck, Blackie
I'm prepared to pay it forward. I got paid today and was going to use that pay for the first rent because I'm not even going to move in yet.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:31 AM

3,365 posts, read 5,236,885 times
Basic lease termination across the states requires you to pay rent until the landlord places a new tenant. Almost all states force a landlord to make a good effort to place a new tenant. If you lease has an early termination charge then you would pay that to break the lease and not worry about the landlord placing a new tenant.

Get on the phone with your landlord instead of posting here.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:31 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Talk to the LL. he may have others interested and the sooner you tell him the better.

Old 06-26-2015, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
Basic lease termination across the states requires you to pay rent until the landlord places a new tenant. Almost all states force a landlord to make a good effort to place a new tenant. If you lease has an early termination charge then you would pay that to break the lease and not worry about the landlord placing a new tenant.

Get on the phone with your landlord instead of posting here.
I did, the landlord said that a girl recently was looking for a 1 bed room apartment. She is emailing here right now. I called her at 11:01am and so I was just waiting for a while and browsing the internet looking for information regarding cancelling a lease, early termination clause, penalties to pay etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting