Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 02:56 PM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times

Advertisements

Plenty of warning that what was promised could not be delivered... it did not stop those making the promises...

Local ER rooms are on the verge of closing... they had thought if they could hang on... the outlook would be much better with nearly everyone having insurance... the other problem is many that have insurance can't find Doctors accepting it... or the wait is months...

When we qualify prospective tenants we look for 3 times the rent as a minimum and also what other recurring monthly costs obligations they have.

Partial payment on a one time exception is one thing... the reality is most that make partial payments are only delaying the inevitable... rent is an ongoing expense that accrues... it's not like it is ever going to be paid off...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 03:51 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,275,326 times
Some are stuck in-between they had to move out of HUD apt cause they were Over the income limit. They tell me they have enough to pay rent but hard when check is 12th rent is the 1st. LL wont except a month in advance either! Says it messes up their bookkeeping! righttt Everything messes up the Bookkeeping!!

Old 07-22-2015, 05:08 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,464,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Some are stuck in-between they had to move out of HUD apt cause they were Over the income limit. They tell me they have enough to pay rent but hard when check is 12th rent is the 1st. LL wont except a month in advance either! Says it messes up their bookkeeping! righttt Everything messes up the Bookkeeping!!
Well, if the landlord won't accept rent a month in advance, then either they are biting off their nose to spite their face, or their state has laws that prevent it. I have tenants who pay me 3 months' worth of rent 4 times a year, so they only have to remember once a season. I love those tenants, as they also tend to be ones who take excellent care of the property and I never ever hear from them about anything.

Old 07-22-2015, 05:21 PM

I was actually in the office when the LL refused to except an advance payment on another tenants rent. Said made it look like the office owned them & some other dumb excuse!

Old 07-22-2015, 05:44 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
I was actually in the office when the LL refused to except an advance payment on another tenants rent. Said made it look like the office owned them & some other dumb excuse!
So then the tenant should just hold on to the money and use it to pay rent when it is due.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
So then the tenant should just hold on to the money and use it to pay rent when it is due.
Actually I paid it for him or rather held it till LL decided she could go ahead & except it. He was doing it cause his was going out of town HARD to be 2 places at once! 3 days after he left she came to me said she take it. duh she could have done that to begin with!

But still makes no sense WHY LL Refuse to except advance payments Why they refuse to except payment when Tenant standing there handing them Money!!

Another question WHY cant LL except wire transfers by banks?? ALL mine excepts is Personal Checks & Money Orders? And have to give it to LL between 1st & 5th of the month Course they closed weekends & holidays!

Old 07-22-2015, 07:05 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
partial underpayments are no more enjoyable than partial overcharges for rent.
the bottom line-- break a deal face the wheel
(mad max beyond thunderdome 1985)

Old 07-22-2015, 07:08 PM

8,046 posts, read 28,464,975 times
Quote:
Actually I paid it for him or rather held it till LL decided she could go ahead & except it. He was doing it cause his was going out of town HARD to be 2 places at once! 3 days after he left she came to me said she take it. duh she could have done that to begin with!

But still makes no sense WHY LL Refuse to except advance payments Why they refuse to except payment when Tenant standing there handing them Money!!

Another question WHY cant LL except wire transfers by banks?? ALL mine excepts is Personal Checks & Money Orders? And have to give it to LL between 1st & 5th of the month Course they closed weekends & holidays!
Wire transfers cost money for the sending party AND for the receiving party. I looked into it, but it was going to cost $15 for every wire transfer I received. If the tenant wanted to pay for that on top of their rent, I'd allow it.

Old 07-22-2015, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
Wire transfers cost money for the sending party AND for the receiving party. I looked into it, but it was going to cost $15 for every wire transfer I received. If the tenant wanted to pay for that on top of their rent, I'd allow it.
Whats it called when the Electric Co wants to take money out of Bank account every month for bill? [My bills are paid in cash]

What ever it is Our LL says NO! ONLY In Person in Full On the 1st ... late fees after the 5th. 1/2 time they not even in the office if it falls Friday - Monday

Old 07-22-2015, 08:08 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Seems like something that should be worked out with the LL ahead of time and not something to spring on them as you are heading out of town.

Quote:
Whats it called when the Electric Co wants to take money out of Bank account every month for bill? [My bills are paid in cash]
I think it's called paying your bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting