Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2015, 06:49 PM

2,763 posts, read 5,756,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I actually got a ticket for parking in front of another persons house! Cop said I rent they Own they pay taxes Move car or be towed! Later on the cop got fired for beating his gf then he got a job at the VA Medical center I got Revenge He tried to boss me I Punched him! Later he said what u do that for I told him about the car! Said I couldn't hit him then cause he cop! Now I could! hehehehe

You punched someone for revenge over a car parking spot? Classy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 07:32 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,754,485 times
Quote:
I actually got a ticket for parking in front of another persons house! Cop said I rent they Own they pay taxes Move car or be towed! Later on the cop got fired for beating his gf then he got a job at the VA Medical center I got Revenge He tried to boss me I Punched him! Later he said what u do that for I told him about the car! Said I couldn't hit him then cause he cop! Now I could! hehehehe
First of all your story sounds very fake and you can't go around hitting people, because even if he's not a cop he can still call one.

Old 07-20-2015, 07:57 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times
Men like him don't call cops! Besides I would have only got a $35 fine Hit him as a cop 1 yr in jail! Huge difference! YES! Blizzard out my son was 3 yrs old he demanding I move my car! Public parking! I told him give me the ticket or tow it I was getting my son inside didn't care what they did to the stupid car! They didn't do a thing except him yelling at me & scaring my son!

BTW Ticket they gave me got Tossed out of traffic court!

Old 07-20-2015, 08:04 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,836,700 times
Hey Katie....what happened with staying on topic? Practice what you preach. Btw...You could of easily been charged with assault and arrested.

As for the OP question. Simply tell your neighbor to call local parking enforcement, town hall or the police department. They will set him straight.

Old 07-20-2015, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
Hey Katie....what happened with staying on topic? Practice what you preach. Btw...You could of easily been charged with assault and arrested.

As for the OP question. Simply tell your neighbor to call local parking enforcement, town hall or the police department. They will set him straight.
WAs on Topic ...

Old 07-20-2015, 08:12 PM

3,461 posts, read 4,702,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post

Old 07-21-2015, 12:20 AM

414 posts, read 296,506 times
I know that guy, or one like him.

We were rebuilding a small house for Habitat. The man came out screaming that the volunteers working on the house had to get away from spot (city road). Even more bizarre was he had his own driveway.

So here we are fixing up the house directly in his line of sight, and only thee for a few weeks to boot, and he wanted us gone.

Old 07-21-2015, 04:08 AM

I have seen more fights over Public [street] Parking & Most don't even make a lick of sense! The neighbor that called the cops on me Didn't even Own a car! I stopped going to yard sales cause No Parking signs in neighbors yards. No Signs then they out demanding you not to park in front of their homes! In winter around here its totally crazy! They put trash cans out in the streets, cones, lawn chairs & even boards with nails in them! Not like we get a lot of snow & what we do get is gone in a few days. They just don't want to walk 2 extra steps in winter time!

Old 07-21-2015, 04:14 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,015,105 times
Quote:

there's a huge difference between a cop telling you to move and a civilian telling you to move.

Assault is a crime and you're lucky you weren't charged for hitting him...doesn't matter if he was a cop or not. The adult thing to do is go to fight the ticket in court and move on.

OP, I agree with what the others have said...tell him to find the law that says you can't park there. Why people think they own the street is beyond me.

Old 07-21-2015, 07:00 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn-fused View Post
Besides, what is he going to do? Try to get you ticketed? Tell him good luck with that.
What a former neighbor did was scratch the side of the car. Well -known for being nasty/spiteful. Unless you catch them in the act with a witness, cops can't do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting