Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 12:19 PM

932 posts, read 894,069 times

Advertisements

In regards to this thread State TN
http://www.city-data.com/forum/renti...-ask-come.html

I got notice to vacate last Friday because of this. The maintience man never came back and next thing i know 2 weeks later I got a eviction notice

It says my residency is being terminated effective 7/20 and I have to quit and vacate premises on 8/20

It also says that in my lease agreement they do not have to give me any reason for the lease termination

I just got the notice Friday. The notice was typed on a piece of paper on left on my door

I didn't refuse entry I told him to come back in 30 min or wait because when I left my wife didn't have any clothes on while on the couch.

Would if they accept my rent for the 1st?

What can i do? Is this legal?

Last edited by key2success; 07-27-2015 at 12:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 12:41 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,402,673 times
I assume your annual lease (or similar) has expired and you are now on month-to-month lease. If you are on month-to-month, the landlord can give you notice to leave (move). This is not an eviction notice. An eviction is done via courts and is very bad against you. Eviction occurs when you break the lease, such as don't pay rent, or get a pet if no pets are allowed

So when you apply to other apartments, do NOT say you have an eviction against you over this situation. Because the future landlord will likely turn you down. This isn't an eviction - so don't call it that - ever. Unless it turn.s into an eviction - which would occur if you don't move out by the end date.

Landlords can require you to move out as long as your lease has already expired and as long as they give you proper notice and follow # days notice. This is all you got - notice to move out. It's legal.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I assume your annual lease (or similar) has expired and you are now on month-to-month lease. If you are on month-to-month, the landlord can give you notice to leave (move). This is not an eviction notice. An eviction is done via courts and is very bad against you. Eviction occurs when you break the lease, such as don't pay rent, or get a pet if no pets are allowed

So when you apply to other apartments, do NOT say you have an eviction against you over this situation. Because the future landlord will likely turn you down. This isn't an eviction - so don't call it that - ever. Unless it turn.s into an eviction - which would occur if you don't move out by the end date.

Landlords can require you to move out as long as your lease has already expired and as long as they give you proper notice and follow # days notice. This is all you got - notice to move out. It's legal.

Yes my lease expires end of August or so but Im not on a month to month yet. I will be at the end of august

Old 07-27-2015, 12:52 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,402,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
Yes my lease expires end of August or so but Im not on a month to month yet. I will be at the end of august
not sure how landlord could require you to move before end of august without giving you option to "cure" if they think you broke the lease.

Maybe they think your lease expires 8/20?

Old 07-27-2015, 12:53 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,817,289 times
You have until your lease expires. And yes, you still have to pay full rent for August.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:00 PM

3,365 posts, read 5,202,474 times
It likely expires on 8/20 which is why they gave you that date. If that is the case then you can't fight it. Time to go look for a new place.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:43 PM

13,098 posts, read 20,806,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
"Or so" is meaningless, what is the exact date your lease expires?

Old 07-27-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
not sure how landlord could require you to move before end of august without giving you option to "cure" if they think you broke the lease.

Maybe they think your lease expires 8/20?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenzz View Post
You have until your lease expires. And yes, you still have to pay full rent for August.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Manager View Post
It likely expires on 8/20 which is why they gave you that date. If that is the case then you can't fight it. Time to go look for a new place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
"Or so" is meaningless, what is the exact date your lease expires?

Ok I just found out my lease expires at the end of this month and not august.

The good news is that the man (landlord) has dropped the notice to vacate. He said he tried to call me to tell me not to worry about the notice when he put it on my door as it was just required by him or whatever until the worker came back or something to that nature but he said he had no plans to vacate me.

I told him about the worker and he said he knows

But I put in my 60 day notice to move today verbally, do I need to put it in writing?

Old 07-27-2015, 01:57 PM

12,713 posts, read 15,442,840 times
Let the lesson here be to never lounge around on the couch without clothes on!

Old 07-27-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Let the lesson here be to never lounge around on the couch without clothes on!
HAHA

I told the landlord the worker needs to stop being a baby
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting