Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2015, 08:01 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times

Advertisements

My father had a small business that had several bars close bye years ago. Many Monday mornings he had to clean up excrement from the parking lot. With todays homeless population they will go anywhere and parking garages downtown are known for the same. Great to go to work and find random piles in the parking spots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2015, 11:49 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,998 times
Maybe throw kitty litter over it, or at the very least baking soda.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:26 AM

69 posts, read 75,880 times
To the person who suggested it might be a bear: I live in downtown Baltimore.

This is the third time it's happened. One time I had insomnia and was sitting in my living room and saw a shadow pass by the wall, so I looked out and someone was dropping his pants right outside my window. I banged on the window and he took off, his pants around his ankles.

It's now Sunday, the human poop is still out there and flies are still buzzing around it.

It's like living in Calcutta. I can't wait until we move out of this city (13 months and counting)

Old 08-16-2015, 02:38 PM

32,647 posts, read 48,028,221 times
If it is a reoccurring problem, shine a bright light on the area. They will go somewhere else with more privacy

Old 08-16-2015, 04:31 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocokitty View Post
To the person who suggested it might be a bear: I live in downtown Baltimore.

This is the third time it's happened. One time I had insomnia and was sitting in my living room and saw a shadow pass by the wall, so I looked out and someone was dropping his pants right outside my window. I banged on the window and he took off, his pants around his ankles.

It's now Sunday, the human poop is still out there and flies are still buzzing around it.

It's like living in Calcutta. I can't wait until we move out of this city (13 months and counting)
Maybe motion sensor lights or something to deter folks from your doorway. Or, large potted roses with big thorns....Put your thinking hat on and figure out why it is happening at your doorway, and what to do to stop it. They even have little garden figurines that are actually alarms....Please update.

Old 10-27-2015, 10:16 PM

666 posts, read 643,038 times
I am writing this post to say we had the same problem at an old place downtown, you have my understanding and sympathy. It really got old tbh, we couldn't sit on our patio or work on the little garden patch because we never knew when a new pile of human excrement would be there. It was horrible. Well we solved the problem by getting the LL to let us install a little set of motion sensor lights. Once these folks realized that they were going to be "lit up" they moved on and perhaps found an actual bathroom to use.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Real Estate > Renting